Your Ad Could Be Here

Problems In Playing Guitar

wajhi

• Noob

Hello Everyone,

I have already purchased a guitar and decided to commit myself to learning the guitar.I am using internet as means to start on my musical journey.But as a newbie i have some problems when i play with my friend i usually out of Sync.What should i do? What software can i use?

Hey

buy yourself a metronome. There are portable electronic ones around I am sure, and they shouldn't be too expensive. For example this one from Korg:

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/068153/details.html

The good thing about that is it as portable as your guitar.

I am assuming that when you say "play with your friend" that you are talking jamming, not recording.

Cheers

John

• 3 months later...
  • Noob

The guitar is a plucked string instrument, usually played with fingers or a pick. The guitar consists of a body with a rigid neck to which the strings, generally six in number but sometimes more, are attached. Guitars are traditionally constructed of various woods and strung with animal gut or, more recently, with either nylon or steel strings.

Edited by john

• 1 month later...

Well if you have timing issues, a metronome can help out, but if you are on a *very* tight budget, as in zip - get Audacity and use click-tracks, this is the cheapest alternative to a metronome that I know of, since it comes free.

Good thing is also that you can use the same clicktrack independently, so if you are collaborating via the web, your stuff should be in sych, as long as it is in synch with the clicktrack you agree on. :)

Demo:

Download link:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/?lang=nl

• 3 weeks later...

A metronome or even tapping your foot. To be honest I could give you lots of ideas but practice is the best medicine and lots of it. It takes time but the rewards are worth it. The best way to get "tight" is to play with friends (a band) very good to play with drums and bass and when on own a metronome.

Good luck.