The spiral descends

Moonlight

Golden handles

Cast forth the arrows

Daybreak

Blissful crowing

Our Destiny waits

© RKG

This is quite the imaginative piece but I like it! It's written very vaguely and I had to read it quite a few times to grasp the meaning of it. Is this about someone (or two people) going to heaven?

I didn't really care for the "kaaba" line in there, it feels a bit random and doesn't make a lot of sense. Also didn't quite understand what "golden bars" was referencing to?

Hope you get more feedback, i've noticed it's pretty difficult to get comments in the poets corner and usually have to wait awhile.

~TIMOTHY~

This is quite the imaginative piece but I like it! It's written very vaguely and I had to read it quite a few times to grasp the meaning of it. Is this about someone (or two people) going to heaven?

I didn't really care for the "kaaba" line in there, it feels a bit random and doesn't make a lot of sense. Also didn't quite understand what "golden bars" was referencing to?

Hope you get more feedback, i've noticed it's pretty difficult to get comments in the poets corner and usually have to wait awhile.

~TIMOTHY~

Thanks for the review TIMOTHY, It is slow times in the Poets Corner for sure.

The poem's meaning is rather obscure, it stems from a dream I had in addition to some poetic uses of ancient history. The Kaaba is a central part of the poem and dream. It might not be well known, but the Kaaba predates Islam and was originally used by followers of the Moon God Hubal along with about 360 other idols and deities. One of the many stories concerning the Kaaba has to do with the use of Divination Arrows, I think there were supposed to be 7 of them with different meanings. When these were cast it could mean the difference between life and death for the affected (Children whose Paternity were being questioned or whether a sacrifice is needed for instance). The 'golden handles' has multiple meanings, alluding to a Crescent Moon, to the Moon God Hubal (It's Idol had a Golden Hand) and to the arrows themselves which supposedly had golden shafts. I don't know if any of this info will help in deciphering my still rather vague dream description, but it's a start in understanding some of the individual lines.

Thanks again for looking it over.

Cheers,

RKG

Archived