Your Ad Could Be Here

Why The Last Airbender Sucks

Quote from the article:

Even The Sixth Sense, his most celebrated work, is riddled with holes once closely interrogated (are we really to believe that Brice Willis’s character, who studies human behavior for a living, thinks for days on end that people are simply ignoring him?), and everything since can be read as a slow unveiling of what was really there all along: emptiness disguised by gimmick and the false impression of skill. After all, is one more likely to accidently make what looks like a good film rather than one of transparent incompetence? Is it possible that, in our own brand of audience incompetence, we worked in accordance all along to refuse to see the man behind the juice?

I think we (the audience) just fell for it - once. People looking only at box office numbers just want a repeat performance.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see The Last Airbender. Though I have heard it has really low ratings i've watched the whole series (don't call me a nerd, lol). I don't know M. Night Shyamalan's has a way with making the movies really intriguing in the previews but when you actually go to watch it, it's just not at all what you expected.

The 6th Sense was obviously his best movie...

The Village was actually pretty good in my opinion. I know a lot of people didn't like it. It had quite the twist in the end.

Lady In The Water... I didn't like this one at all I thought it was going to be completely different. It was mainly a lot of talking that didn't seem to go anywhere.

Signs... this was an alright movie for a single watch. Anymore than that it's kinda boring....

The Happening... haven't watched it.. but man what horrible reviews O_O... page after page of 1 -2 out of 5 star ratings. With the EXTREMELY rare 3 stars... Wow!

probably missing some other movies he did... but yeah.... that's my thoughts anyways....

~TIMOTHY~

But since The Sixth Sense, Shyamalan's films have gotten progressively worse, to the point of unwatchability. The wonder is that anybody is willing to give him big bucks to throw around and fancy toys to play with. He must be the best pitch-man in town...

Exactly. He's the biggest one-trick pony in the business and he blew most of his good ideas on "The Sixth Sense".