Your Ad Could Be Here

Presonus Firestudio Project Output Problems

hey guys I was hoping you could help me out. I'm recording through a presonus firestudio project interface and into garageband on my mac. I have a 4-channel stereo headphone amp plugged into the headphone output in the interface so that my whole band can hear whats going on. I went into garagebands preferences and set the audio output to the firestudio so we could hear the mix but I'm having a problem with the stereo panning. when you try to pan a track to the left or right it doesnt go left or right, it just gets quieter. I know its not a problem with the headphone amp because when i plug 1 pair of headphones directly into the interface the same thing happens. If I switch back the output in garageband to the system setting the stereo works fine, but i want to be able to use it through my interface. if anyone could help me out that would be so great. thanks a ton.

Hey

Strange. I'm not a presonus, garageband or mac user so not exactly ideal LOL

It sounds like you are only getting 1 channel of the stereo pair. So if i understand it, when you use your speakers (inbuilt laptop?) it works fine...? Why not just use your system headphone socket and connect that to your headphone amp for now?

Normally there are routing options with interfaces, chances are something isn't right there... has the headphone output on your presonus worked previously under any configuration?