Your Ad Could Be Here

Online Piano Chord Dictionary

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Noob

Shot in the dark, but does anybody know a chord dictionary that includes more than just the basic chords?

I'm looking for one that includes more advanced chords (i.e. Cmaj7(#5)). Maybe I just overlooked them on these sites.

Also I don't really need one so don't bother going to the ends of the earth to find one, I'm just curious.

• 7 months later...

If you know your basic scale function you can draw out the chord shapes for yourself with very little skill. Although I doubt you'll have regular use of harmonic extentions such as CMaj#5 It's abit uncommon even in contemporary jazz and gospel both music forms known for use of extended chords.

It's hard to really learn chords in a vaccuum. The way to learn them in a fashion that sits is in the context of songs.. In the context of a song you have reference and rhythm. Rhythm in a progression is the key to bringing home those chords.

The best reference is really band in a box. Even if you get the cheapest version out there. There are keyboard head's up displays and the styles use very realistic voicings. Ergo when you study via biab you get. The chord voicings, the rhythmic feel and a song all in one. The band in a box community has tens of thousands of songs available for study. And BIAB also sells accompanyment "songs" in biab format. As well as additional educational software. If you really want to get down to brass tacks of keyboard harmony/accompianment really you can't do any better then biab

http://pgmusic.com

Mike

• 1 month later...