Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From Andyc - Producer / Songwriter (Sweden)

I've been a professional in the industry for over 15 years. I first got into music through songwriting and having a band, I studied Media Production (Sound) back in 2000 and from there got involved in a string of projects and adventures. I've grew up in Bristol (UK) and now live in Stockholm, Sweden. I've worked alongside many of the great names that the Bristol scene is known for and have worked in a full range of recording studios.

My songwriting and production skills were grounded through a two year management deal with Harry Barter (Paul Youngs and many others manager... also a songwriter for a number of major acts and labels... back in the day when you were employed 9 to 5 to write tunes!), a guy who took our simple band of rebellion and taught me the art of songwriting and how the music industry works for an artist, this lead meetings and development deals with the major labels and publishing houses (EMI, Island etc) and fully showed me the true picture and demands of mainstream music. During this time I had a death in the family, which lead me to growing a beard and drinking far too much red wine, basically turning my back on music and the pressures of writing 3.5 min singles for suits.... it just didnt make sense right then.

I dabbled in music product, working with some 'averagely' talented songwriters who paid to have their songs re-written and recorded, I also did some music for TV, some independent films and voice over recording for TV ads. To be honest, rather soul destroying if you do it too much! But, it paid the rent and I learnt alot.

I did a few solo projects as a singer / songwriter, played a few gigs and explored the avenue of becoming a solo artist. Alongside this I was doing sound engineering and things, got to work along side a few big names who really helped out with advice and mentally preparing for the joys and strains of the music industry.

I started a music tuition company in 2001, which grew and still is around today. We provide modern music programs for a complete range of young people. This work has led to running projects for schools, councils, youth groups and international festivals, also with a bit of guest speaking here and there. (Kaytosound.com is the company home).

I worked with South Glos council to set up a state of the art training studio in 2009, its a top grade Pro Tools based facility that enable young people to get there hands on some serious kit and get a great start in recording and playing music.

So now, I'm just starting to build links between the UK and Sweden with a new music production company. We set out to produce market focused 'ready to sell' music productions for artists and bands. Currently working with a couple of talented UK acts, with our first Swedish productions starting this month. Over the next couple of weeks we'll know if we've landed our first major contract to produce an album (which, if the rumors are true, might include a few days recording in the legendary Abbey Road studios).

That brings me to now, I'm starting to co-write with a few of the clients, its been a while, but im really looking forward to it. I thought it would be great to get involved in a forum and see what others are up to and maybe find a few killer tunes that we could produce, or lovely people to share the journeys with! ha.

My main thing is.... Enjoy Music... sounds simple, but ya have to keep it in the forefront of ya mind once the wheels are rolling!

• 3 weeks later...