Your Ad Could Be Here

New Free Video Editing Program

Lightworks Beta, currently downloading it and testing - but the grapevine noises are favourable, so far - oh, and it's free. Registration required for downloading, tho. ^_^

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

oo cool. let me know how testing goes!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, installed it - and has a few quirks, still - for some reason I get no image, only sound. Will keep testing though - looks promising, all in all. :)

awright, found out why - the codecs that it needs didn't install properly:

matrox.jpg

will have to fix that first, obviously. :)

Hm.. I'd like to hear your opinions after spending some time with this. I use Movie Maker, but I found VideoPad two weeks ago and try to use that as much as I possibly can now. It's initially a pay program, but you can turn it into a 100% free program by attempting to uninstall the demo (It will ask you if you want to enable "free" mode, which is still a big step up from Windows MM). It's sped up the editing process for me BIG time because not only does it recognize the video format my camera shoots in (WMM does not and I have to convert the files which takes time), but it's optimized properly and doesn't lag like WMM does. My only real complaint with VideoPad though is that it takes a long time to import large video clips. I am still always looking for other alternatives though and am curious about what you think of this new one. :)

Edited by austinmackert