Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From Jamtimemusic

JamTimeMusic

Hello all,

I stumbled across this site as I wanted to connect with other songwriters who are striving for commercial success in the UK market. I also belong to a site called JPFolks which is predominantly a site for US songwriters. Being quite honest I struggled to relate to a lot of the music on that site as most of it was country/folk orientated. I'm hoping there will be a broader range of styles on this site so I can get stuck in to helping people and sharing my own work.

A little about me:

I am 31, from Essex in UK. I started song writing at about the age of 18 when my then girlfriend said I had a nice singing voice and encouraged me to take lessons. From there I spent many years in different bands from Indie/Rock to Pop and learnt quite a bit about myself as an artist. I always wanted to be a famous artist but like so many others It hasn't happened. A nice revelation for me came last year when I suddenly realised that had I never become a singer, I would never have realised my potential as a song writer. So despite not becoming famous I feel my work is far from done as I have many many more years left in me to become a successful songwriter.

What that has enabled to realise is that I need now to stop writing songs for myself and start writing for a specific market and tailor my skills to enable me to do that. That is why I am here. To share what I have learnt and to hopefully learn new ideas.

How I write:

Predominantly I write with a good friend of mine named Tim. He will start playing some chords and I will start singing melodies and lyrics. Alternatively I may just think of ideas A Cappella. A good song is usually born through either of these methods. We then record and produce the songs using our home studio equipment. Pro Tools etc.

I have joined this site under the guise of JamTimeMusic. This is the company Tim & I set up to show off collaborations and new material.

I look forward to critiquing some of your work. I won't beat around the bush though. If I feel you can improve a song I will be honest.

To hear some of the work Tim & I have worked on please look at the following sites.

http://www.myspace.com/northfieldband

http://www.youtube.com/user/JamTimeMusic

That's plenty about me. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers

James