The payment of his idiocy.

His heart, she'll break and give away,

As recompense complete.

What defines the gap between

Extremes of love and hate?

And who can cross the chasm unseen

To break the endless chain?

Edited by guitar4christ

I'd be interested to see how you work words like doth and thee into a contemporary piece. Perhaps a folk song I could imagine it - other than that I think it would be a challenge though not impossible. The rhyming is good and the structure is very steady... and perhaps for lyrics maybe too steady.

Bare with me -

That middle verse is huge and there is nothing wrong with that in itself but my worry is this: the structure is so perfect it makes it hard for the vocalist to spice things up - too off beat will ruin the structure and prolonging words and sentences could potentially have the same effect. There is nothing wrong with perfect lines in songs but this verse is extraordinarily long.

My concern is... it might get boring to listen to. Maybe too monotone? Maybe too perfect? It sounds odd but I hope you can see my point and I anticipate a reply.

p.s I know this is in the poet section but since there was mention of it perhaps being with some music I thought i'd add my two pence

• Like 1

Wow man! Bravo. This is a great poem. It has heart, it has terrific flow and as you read you feel the poem. That's what poetry is all about. Poetry isn't about structure or how it looks on paper. It's all good man, and I love the rhyme scheme here. You worked this together very well. Two thumbs up. Oh and I agree, it is a fantastic poem but not song material. I have been wondering about the possibility of getting a bunch of very good poets together to make a book of nothing but very good poems to be published, if you would be interested this would be the type of thing that I would love to see in that book. I look forward to hearing back from you and reading more of your work.