Your Ad Could Be Here

Need Help With Amplitube

• Editors

Hey guys,

I've been trying a lot to make amplitube 3 work on my Dell XPS 15 but its been killing me.I've been using ASIO4ALL with my onboard sound for all music related softwares but with this one,when I plug my guitar through the line in,Amplitube selects the Bluetooth Handsfree Audio(which shows no input itself) rather than Realtek Hd on ASIO. If I disable the bluetooth audio and try to force asio to use Realtek Audio,it says Realtek Hd Line Input/Output unavailable 'MS GS Wavetable Synth Enabled?'and 'Other application In Use?'.BTW Am using Windows 7 Home,Everything was easy with XP and Im planning to roll back but I wanna know if I can fix this and save the reinstalling time.Oh If I try Amplitube with direct sound,it gives me a loud static sound.

Anyone has any ideas on whats wrong?Basically I want the Reaktek Audio Line In to work on Asio.

Unfortunately with Windows 7, it's near impossible to get ASIO to work with on-board audio.. The only way I got it to work (before I got my lovely M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB interface), is by adding another soundcard and using one soundcard for recording and the other for playback.

I don't know if you saw that I dropped a link in the shoutbox for you:

Download and run DPClat, a tool that shows DPC latency on your system. This should indicate where you can expect to run into issues and less so why, but at least you would know it was DPC latency then and begin to work out what is causing it.

Music PC Set Up Advice (At least while you are making music!)

1. Disable network (Device Manager)
  2. Disable wifi (Device Manager)
  3. Stop google, windows and other from running search indexes
  4. Close other apps
  5. Turn off anti virus
  6. Disable auto updates
  7. Set computer sleep mode so that your PC will not be sut down for inactivity
  8. If using an external sound card, disable the internal sound card
  9. Disable System Sounds
  10. Run software as administrator
  11. Disable UAC

Several of these cause DPC latency

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Oh lastly, rather than re-install etc, why not get another drive and install win XP on that and set up your lap top to be dual boot. i should be able to help with that as my lap top is dual boot. This has several advantages... That install is ONLY for music, so you don't need to install any components that are not needed (no antivirus etc) or enable hardware you don't need (you only need network during install/registration or to manually download an update), your music is on a different drive. All in all much simpler :)

Additionally, as it is a drive on the same machine, when you run a virus scan from win 7 you can scan your music drive. Most lap tops are able to take a 2nd internal drive. Oh and if you are getting a 2nd drive make sure it is 7200rpm or higher and 500Gb or so.

• Editors

Hmmm thanks John,I've a 500gb hard disk installed on my lappy which itself is on loan so I dont think I would be able to buy another harddisk anytime soon,but dualboot seems like a very good idea.

I'll try making another partition for XP and will try installing.

• 1 month later...