Your Ad Could Be Here

After Effects Plug Ins?

Hey

I recently bought AE. Can you recommend any good AE plug ins? free or otherwise!

Cheers

John

Hi John

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/

my favourites - different suites for different needs, tho.

I use Trapcode myself, not the Magic Bullet - those are more for Quick and Dirty edits in post, I think - and quite frankly some of the tools supplied with AE are less accessible than MB, but they are technically superior. (e.g. Colorista vs. Color Finesse - just check the final output, Colorista is a lot more intuitive to use, but doesn't come close to the cleanliness of the output of CF).

Then again, what you can do with Trapcode isn't even remotely present in vanilla AE.

Hey Rob

Many thanks. I'll check them out. :) Is that the set of plug ins you used to animate using sound waves in Tom's video "Too young to save"?

Thought it was about time we had some AE tools on the boards too.

Yep, that was done using Trapcode Form. What we could do is set up a subforum with the best tuts for those plugins. I downloaded just about every one worth while, on the basis that they don't remain online forever - quite a few are, tho - and without tutorials most of those plugins are pretty useless, since some of them have a stupefyingly steep learning curve - you really need to get your head around some of them. :)