Your Ad Could Be Here

"why Am I Not Famous Yet?"

The only way to be famous is working on live performance, evry day, evry forum, is like getting fit for olimpyc game, the old school dosen't work anymore,

If fame is the goal rather than making some kind of constructive contribution, unremitting hard work and constant gigging pales by comparison to applying for a vapid reality television show where you'll be selected for or against on the grounds of God knows what basis...

Either way, at least you're guaranteed to be famous for five minutes.

• Like 1

Personally, I enjoy the creativity in making music, which is paramount if one is to endure in one of the toughest businesses imaginable.

If someone's goal is solely for fame and money, then it will certainly be an empty achievement and a horrendous battle to stay on top within a very fickle industry..

• 2 months later...

Less valuable actually.

No one tries to circumvent minimum wage legislation when they ask mechanics to work for them.

For some reason, with music, it's considered alright to do so.

Not to sound pessimistic or cynical or anything, but whenever I think of how the music industry works, it sends me spiralling into a misanthropic depression.

Exactly. I've often wished there were no "giants" like exist today. Music is one of those things where you can either have a LOT of success, or you can pretty much call it a hobby (and if you don't, someone else will do it for you). There is not much in between. I would rather see a world in which musicians could earn an average living rather than having a few who are given the whole enchilada. And when you think about it, this would have the result of more musical choices for listeners. Oh, well. That's not the world we live in.

Exactly. I've often wished there were no "giants" like exist today. Music is one of those things where you can either have a LOT of success, or you can pretty much call it a hobby (and if you don't, someone else will do it for you). There is not much in between. I would rather see a world in which musicians could earn an average living rather than having a few who are given the whole enchilada. And when you think about it, this would have the result of more musical choices for listeners. Oh, well. That's not the world we live in.

Exactly.

One of the most pernicious myths of the modern era is that free markets lead to choice. They lead to monopoly, always. Music is a prime example of this, where a vanishingly small number of people have all the money that's to be made.

I would love to see the regulations that all other industries have to adhere to, like the National Minimum Wage ACT 1999 for example, enforced in the music industry.

I'd love to see A & R guys who claim that it's too hard work to listen to a track for more than thirty seconds being drop kicked out the door like they would be in any other industry. In the old days, they used to actually go out on the circuit and scout for bands, now they can't even listen to a CD.

The industry as it is now doesn't deserve to survive digital piracy. It's truly pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

If fame is the goal rather than making some kind of constructive contribution, unremitting hard work and constant gigging pales by comparison to applying for a vapid reality television show where you'll be selected for or against on the grounds of God knows what basis...

Either way, at least you're guaranteed to be famous for five minutes.

Amen

• 1 year later...