Your Ad Could Be Here

This Could Help Your Guitar Playing...

john

Guitar Clinic or Workshop?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in taking part in guitar clinics?

• Yes I would be interested in discussing my guitar issues as part of a free open to all members guitar clinic
    • Yes I would be interested in discussing my guitar issues as part of a paid for limited numbers guitar clinic
    • No I am not intgerested in expanding my knowledge and understanding via a guitar clinic
  2. 2. Would you be interested in taking part in guitar workshops?

• Yes I would be interested in working on workshop leader selected topics as part of a free open to all members guitar workshop
    • Yes I would be interested in working on workshop leader selected topics as part of a paid for limited numbers guitar workshop
    • No I am not intgerested in expanding my knowledge and understanding via a guitar workshop

hi

Lots of songwriters play guitar, but I wondered if any members would be interested in a guitar clinic or workshop?

At this stage I am considering conducting the guitar clinic / workshops myself ( I have been playing the guitar for 29 years), but I am also considering bringing in a virtuoso and excellent guitar teacher I respect greatly (however I would need to pay them to do so). Much depends on the reponse to this poll!

You can select more than one option!

If you have any suggestions or feedback on the form of clinic or workshop you would like to see then please just reply to this topic (as well as vote in the poll above!)

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

Well it might, if there was enough interest. With only 10 votes in 2 months it doesn't bode well as something I would put my time or somone else's into. great there has been a positive vote from those who voted, but 10 is too small a number when other ways to help larger numbers compete with priority.

If you are interested in this then by all means try and get members to vote. If you can get 70 votes in favor of workshops then it will get to the point I can make it a higher priority. Alternatively, if an experienced guitarist or two on the boards would like to volunteer to take the workshops and we can get perhaps 30 positive responses then we can sort out the tech to bring you this workshop.

Free workshops mean that, at least at the moment, we will need to use a free solution to host the workshops. We are a free site with no current income streams. To get better tech costs about $100 a month, hence the paid for workshops. Additionally, my own time is very limited (running such a large site demands almost all my time). If we want more regular workshops I may have to pay someone to host the workshops.

Meanwhile in the near future we may well have an income stream or two (don't worry, what is free will stay free). That may mean money would be available for such things without explicitly charging members.

If we get the level of interest, things become possible :)