Your Ad Could Be Here

Ready To Start

• Noob

In 7th grade, there was a kid who would relentlessly pick on me. His family was rich; his father owned a logging company and his mother was a politician. The kid would often pick on me because I had to wear glasses, or because I had to wear some of my clothes twice that week because my parents couldn't afford to buy new clothing. He was the cause of my first fight, first suspension, and he stole the first girl I had a crush on. </br>

One day, this kid brought in his sister's guitar to class. He claimed he had learned a really cool song and was going to play it for us. Our teacher stopped the entire class to allow him a "concert". All the girls gathered around closely with huge smiles on their faces, eager to hear his song. He got out the acoustic guitar and sat in front of the class. With a pick in hand he played the song. With terrible fret buzz and more than a couple flat notes, I could barely recognize the bassline to Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. I couldn't believe how awful it was. I looked around to see if anyone shared my sentiment, but all I saw were girls giggling and the guys smiling. I was so confused. How does something so awful represent music? Why was everyone else clapping, smiling and enjoying it? </br>

Simply put, I was pissed. I went home and got my sisters guitar and her About.com book on how to play, and I didn't stop until my fingers were red. All day I played that guitar. My sister hated me for it (although she never played it) but even when she banned me from playing it, I would wait until she would leave to play it even more. </br>

My name is Jared Stepp, and I love music. I have plenty more to say, just ask. To skip all the in-between of this introduction sandwich, I'm now in a music town trying to find the right people to play with. I've done a lot of solo stuff but now that I have more time I can dedicate myself to a band, or a fully-fleshed out solo project. This website is one of the many I'm participating in to get myself and music out there. I've done quite a few shows, dealt with many different band situations and I would love to give advice to those who are starting out or those who have run into similar problems. Feel free to talk anytime. Thanks.