Your Ad Could Be Here

It's about time

Well, it's about time you guys thought about the guy in the back ;D. Any other Bass players in the house? I have a 5 string and a 4 string as my primary Axes. My band switches back and forth to a drop-D tuning. How would you handle this? I currently use my 4 for drop-D and my 5 for regular tuning, but if I broke a string at a show, I'd have to retune or learn 2 ways to play each Song

• 2 months later...
Well, it's about time you guys thought about the guy in the back ;D. Any other Bass players in the house? I have a 5 string and a 4 string as my primary Axes. My band switches back and forth to a drop-D tuning. How would you handle this? I currently use my 4 for drop-D and my 5 for regular tuning, but if I broke a string at a show, I'd have to retune or learn 2 ways to play each Song

How about a Hipshot Bass Extender :"With a quick flick of the handy thumb lever, the HIPSHOT Bass Extender Key instantly expands your range without leaving position. Tunable to any note from "E" to low "C"" https://www.hipshotproducts.com/Default1.htm

With this gadget you can manage that change of tuning in notime...even while playing  :)

I haven't played a gig in a while. Missing it lots... ???

Me neither! I still cant find anybody around who wants to play any original music! And I'm getting on a bit now at 47, almost past it...... ::).

I think bass players that break strings must play with hack saws as plectrums....   ;D  ;D

Thanks olggu,

That device looks awesome. Although it would cornfuse the %&*@ out of me.

Here is link to page where guy called Cliff Engel uses that gadget for the last note of the song "Mister Pastorius"

http://www.cliffengel.com/realmedia/pastorius.ram    

Funny little gadget, and it fill's one need for the performing artist...

Not for me, anyway ; I don't got the money  ;D