Your Ad Could Be Here

Bass amp recommendations...

Hi

One of my friends is looking for a new Bass amp. Until now he has used an Orange amp head with a Selmer 18" speaker cabinet. He uses a Rickenbacker bass, I'm not sure of the model.

So what should he look at. The local music shops have some reasonable amps, but he's not kept up with bass gear and what's new, so, any suggestions?

Cheers

John

Im no bass player, but I know a few. Apparently Trace Elliot has folded or been bought out. Now the bassist in my band BlownOut is thinking of trading his in because of lack of co. support. Seems an odd attitude but they may be more affordable now.

I think every Trace E Ive heard is excellent, though they do tend to be a little `topy' and most strangely of all, they appear uni-directional compared to other makes.

When I played Bass, I used my H&H guitar amp, through a 4X12 cab! It was a great sound! And a friend of mine who played a Ricky used a bass cab with 4X10" speakers in although I have to say that was a little too topy for my liking. I have heard basses played through various combinations of speakers and amps although I think the amp is slightly less important  in the setup than the cab. I think your mate needs to trawl through a few music emporiums and plug his beasty into a few things.   :D

Hi

One of my friends is looking for a new Bass amp.

So what should he look at.

Ashdown, EBS, Trace Elliot; thats what he should look for, if he want to do some serious playing  8)

Hi John,

I'm no bassist personnaly (I mean, full time), but I've always been impressed by Ampeg amps. If I had continue with a band, I know that's what my bassist would  have bought.

If price/weight is not an issue, that's perhaps something your friend should test.

Didier