Your Ad Could Be Here

Calling all guitarists..

• 1 month later...
Guest olggu
I wish I had a seven-string guitar... and a 6-string bass. And I also wish playing and practicing didn't cramp my hand muscles in the long run. And back muscles.

Don't know about those guitars, but you can prevent those cramps with proper diet; just eat some bananas daily like we

apes, and problem go away  ;D

And yes, one of those six string basses is in my wish list too,

alltough I frequently get a feeling that in those four strings is three strings too many...anyway, tool's like Ibanez BTB look very sweet and still does'nt cost Gold and Shiny stones...

Guest olggu
A seven string guitar? Which end would the seventh string be?  ???

You can tune it like this:

BEADGBE ... Standard tuning

BEBEG#BE ... Open E

AEAEAC#E ... Open A

AEADGBE ... Jazz tuning

BEADF#BE ... Lute tuning

BEADGCF ... Blues tuning = Fourths tuning

ADADGAD ... Jimmy Page tuning.

CDGCGCD ... Rain Song tuning.

ADADF#AD ... Open D

ADADGBE ... Drop D Drop A

BDGDGBD ... Open G

CEGCGAE ... C 6th

BD#BD#F#BD#... Open B

Do this answer your question?

With basses with more than 4 strings you can choose if you want add one lower or one higher string(for 5 string version) or you have a both in six string version...would it be so simple with guitars too   ;D

Hi Olggu

Thanks, now all I need to know is how to use them! Any recommendations on guitar tab for a particular recording of any track that demonstrates any of these tunings? Even pointing me at a recording would be excellent

Cheers

John

Guest olggu
Hi Olggu

Thanks, now all I need to know is how to use them! Any recommendations on guitar tab for a particular recording of any track that demonstrates any of these tunings? Even pointing me at a recording would be excellent

Cheers

John

Sorry, but I am only a wiseass who have a talent to find things from the net easily; I dont recall but in that page  http://guitar.to/folder/guitar7.html seems to  be some stuff for that instrument, and google find more if you need. Just type "seven string guitar" + thing what you want to find  ;D

Yep.... that's my Bro, all over....

Anyway... I personally DIG that TWO-stringed BASS-guitar I saw in a rock video.... just can't remember what BAND that was....

Anyway the TWO strings should justabout be enough for my Bro, Olggu!!!!

Chuckle, chuckle!(He's going to kill me , later on...)

anywayze.... c-ya around!

H.  ;)