Your Ad Could Be Here

Buy Guitar FX...

Hi John,

A little like guitars and amps, it depends a lot on the player.

I just couldn't live without my SE-50, but that's just me. Also, it doesn't cover all my needs, I need something else for Chorus and "slightly" distorded sounds.

You could perhaps try a SE-70, if you can find one second-hand.

Didier

• 3 months later...

John,

Not as such. I had a Zoom 3030 for about 2 weeks. It was fine in operation but I was worried about its light build. Then I took it to a recording studio and the engineer had a problem with its signal. He produced a Boss GT-5 and so we used that.

I then went and bought one, mostly because its built for gig-abuse. Boss have replaced it with the GT-6 now, which is cheaper and I have still yet to try.

I liked the sounds of the Zoom, but if I were to look afresh now, I would try and find a GT-6 to test drive.

Im not much of a tech-head, but I have created custom sounds that come damned close to what is in my head (even it it meant linking the effects chain back to front and inside out). I dont use anything else, but you need an amp with a proper effect `bypass' loop, and a clean channel too.

• 4 years later...

I have digitech rp300 and it work fairly well.

You really have to sit for long periods to dial in the right sound and then sit for more hours to get the levels right. I have a menagerie of sounds we like to use with the RP and bypassed so getting the levels right is a must.

I really like the idea of an "all in one" pedal but it is tedious work.

So I went back to just the two channel head coupled with my old school 80's Ibanez chorus/flanger and use an ibanez eq for my boost. Can't beat that raw Marshall sound!!!

Currently looking to upgrade from my MG head to the Marshall JVM 410H, that thing is sweet and it sound awesome!!!

Goo dluck in your search... :thumbsup2: