Your Ad Could Be Here

Cheap module - recommendations?

A guitarist friend of mine is looking for a MIDI module that will give him some decent drum sounds and some basic pads and basses. I've said something like a Korg 05R/W would do the trick - 150 quid on eBay/Loot.

Any others in the same league?

Cheers,

BS

Hey Bongstuff

I have to agree. As an all round module with a good selection of basic sounds. It's not the easiest to edit up your own sounds though. Fortunately you can get a good selection of sounds others have made and it comes with a reasonable bank manager.

What about an early Akai sampler? The s900 is matbe a bit too early but an s2000 would be pretty good.

Cheers

John

Ah the S900. How I miss mine!  :'(

Now THAT was a sampler that stamped it's own identity on anything you cared to ask it to record. Mega-fidelity Peter Gabriel world-music rhythms became crunchy and funky! Bass guitars CUT right through a mix. Not in a bad way, but in a very cool 12-bits-are-all-I-need way.

Resampling to 12 bits in Wavelab or CoolEdit or SoundForge just doesn't sound the same!

Alas, not sure if the polyphony would really cut it for a gee-tarist looking for a songwriting tool. Presets seem to satisfy most guitarists anyway  :P

So, any advance on an O5r/W?

BS