Your Ad Could Be Here

Pleasr Help Me...read...

Hi, im Josh Hill.

Im 15 and I am currently doing a cource in Music Technology which I am loving.

For one of our assignments we have been told to write about a topic in the Music Industry and write about somone who you feel has changed it. I have chosen the world of songwriting as it is an interest of mine. I have also chosen to write about Ryan Tedder.

.I am going to write about how how beginner songwriters set out their career. Here are some question I have which will help me write about this-

- How would you say to someone that wants a career in song writing to go upon selling their material?

- How do you sell your material to other artists?

- Do you have any tips on how to be succesful in this area?

( I do have some more but I dont want to overload you with questions)

Please do give you answers, the more the better and would be ver greatful!

Thanks for you time.

Josh

Random thoughts... I have no idea who Ryan Tedder is... I've never sold a song, and I don't know anybody making a living solely from songwriting...

Given that you already have terrific songs, you have to get the attention of people who can put those songs in a position to make money, and that's getting harder all the time. Probably the best bet for a non-performing songwriter is to network as much as possible with up-and-coming performers, do what you can to help them break thru, and any attention they get will reflect favorably on your songs. Also, look for opportunities to co-write with other writers. A lot of the business is face-to-face, personal relationships.

It's probably helpful to focus on a genre: pop, country, R&B... because styles have specific characteristics, and it's hard to be authentic without really getting deep in a style, but don't cut yourself off from opportunities outside your comfort zone.