Your Ad Could Be Here

ion or ms2000b <urgent>

So it is time for a new synthesizer, and now I'm looking for analog or analog modeling. The two synths that I'm highly considering right now are the Alesis ION and the Korg MS2000B. Of course I'd rather have a moog or an arp, but those are just too far out of my price range.

On musiciansfriend, the sound samples for the ION are much more attractive mainly because of the "Vintage" example. I know that the ION is technically the better of the two, but the control surface of the MS is much better. Plus the MS has a couple of features that look really attractive such as the virtual patch and the one that emulates control voltage. I've found the ION used, which is how I'd prefer to buy, but not the MS. I need this synth for lead in my band.

Can someone find me some better MS sound examples? Which one should I get? Any used MS2000B's? Other lead synth suggestions? (under $800) Thanks again to you all.

Thanks John, these reviews help alot.

Another thing to be taken into consideration is the looks. I prefer the retro stylings of the MS.

Okay, I've reviewed both of these products a great deal now, and my decision has gotten even harder that ever.

I've heard that the Korg makes mainly techno sounds which really turns me off, but also that it can do lead vintage sounds too. The korg has nicer features, but the ion is more powerful, and I can't find a dealer around here where i can try either of then.

Someone please help!!