Your Ad Could Be Here

New Electro-Acoustic Guitar - advice

Greetings folks

I'm thinking of replacing my trusty Yamaha FG365SE Electro-acoustic guitar which I have had since 1984. It's nice to play but I want something with a bigger sound and a more 'ringing' tone and on which the electrics work properly without cutting out.

I've been impressed with Tanglewood electroacoustics but wanted to know if any of you can recommend a particulat instrument?

Not really knowledgable about these, but you obviously know what you want of a new instrument and thats the main thing.

I thought you had a acoustic. Pickups do make a lot of difference. Good quality ones come on more expensive guitars. I imagine a single coil type would suit best.

I took a year of searching before I found my last guitar.

Tanglewood are a good range to start looking at though!

Good luck Al.

• 4 months later...
Tim

Thanks - in the end I decided to stick with my trusty Yamaha FG365SE which I have had for 20 years and everyone says has a great tone (I'm behind it when I'm playing so I can't tell!). It ain't broke so I decided not to fix it, much as I'd like a new one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my guitar is about 14 years old and although a little worse for wear would not swap it for anything. If it works dont change it..... i did struggle to find nice strings though. that didn't buzz on the bridge.....