Your Ad Could Be Here

Encore Guitars

I've seen an Encore guitar (Strat) for £99 gbp.

Being in a position where it's unlikely that I will ever start serious gigging again, and wanting a different sounding guitar for my recordings. I was wondering if anybody had any info on these guitars? I already have an Encore accoustic which is OK. So Any body?

I don't know them but my experience of the cheaper end of the guitar market is that you get what you pay for. If you are looking to emulate the strat experience and don't want to buy a real one, I'd recommend the Fender Squier series of strats which cost circa 150 quid, play nicely and have a good sound. The series is named after obscure 80s rocker Billy Squier. Most good music shops stock them.

I have a real (American) Strat and a friend has a Squier one - he prefers the action on his. But maybe it's just sour grapes! ;)

Hey Steve

I have to agree. Get old Squire, or even better an old fender. As long as the neck is ok, almost anything else can be pretty easily fixed.

Of course, gig or no gig, a nice new one is tempting...go on,  treat yourself, yout wife is bound to understand. ;D

Cheers

John

go on,  treat yourself, youR wife is bound to understand

He's tried this twice before John...which is why he's on his third wife! Maybe what Steve really means is that he wants a new wife? Or a second hand one (Tom's?!). ;);D

[More pointless speculation can be found on page 92]

A friend of mine in Bristol used to own the local music shop, and I often worked there on days off. I tried the Squier strats when they first came out! They were a pig to set up and I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with them! Living in Torquay, the cheapest one I've seen localy is £199, If the Encore strat is any good at half that price, I could get something else with the change!  :D Like an upgrade on my computer!

I quite like encore accoustic guitars but I've never come across a strat...

I've seen an Encore guitar (Strat) for £99 gbp.

Being in a position where it's unlikely that I will ever start serious gigging again, and wanting a different sounding guitar for my recordings. I was wondering if anybody had any info on these guitars? I already have an Encore accoustic which is OK. So Any body?

Where they are made, in China etc. asian country? My poor little bass is born in china, it looks good, it have just about perfectly straight neck, good finish and all, but there is some problems too; it is very sensitive for air humidity. It goes like this: I open a window, and I have to tune my bass, I close the window, I have tune my bass, I sneeze and I have to tune my bass...If I look it with misty eyes, it goes out of tune...So most of my playing time I am tuning that bloody thing...  ;D ;D ;D

Where they are made, in China etc. asian country? My poor little bass is born in china, it looks good, it have just about perfectly straight neck, good finish and all, but there is some problems too; it is very sensitive for air humidity. It goes like this: I open a window, and I have to tune my bass, I close the window, I have tune my bass, I sneeze and I have to tune my bass...If I look it with misty eyes, it goes out of tune...So most of my playing time I am tuning that bloody thing...  ;D ;D ;D

You need some better machine heads (Tuning pegs) Thats the problem. Whilst atmospheric conditions will have some effect, cheap machine heads will have a bigger effect!

A friend of mine in Bristol used to own the local music shop, and I often worked there on days off. I tried the Squier strats when they first came out! They were a pig to set up and I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with them! Living in Torquay, the cheapest one I've seen localy is £199, If the Encore strat is any good at half that price, I could get something else with the change!  :D Like an upgrade on my computer!

I quite like encore accoustic guitars but I've never come across a strat...

Please yourself.  ;) I have to say that I prefer my real Strat though I rarely play it. I write all my songs on acoustic guitar. I just use the Strat for lead on recording.

You need some better machine heads (Tuning pegs) Thats the problem. Whilst atmospheric conditions will have some effect, cheap machine heads will have a bigger effect!

Yep. And set of those cost more than this bass, so I don't think so...I prefer to buy a better instrument, but I never have the money...so I tune it once again, and play badly something sad,  and poor...which just fit this feeling... :'(

My new guitar arrived today! Thats what I call good service. AND they've made a pretty good job of setting it up, I can only find 1 high spot on the fretboard which I can deal with easily. The sound is quite good although it could use a new set of strings. But I am generaly quite pleased with it.  [smiley=acoustic.gif]