Your Ad Could Be Here

Press Kits

itsGoodness

Press kits are a great way to establish your professionalism. They are a necessity when applying to record labels and they can help you land more shows and interviews on blogs and in magazines. I recently wrote a couple articles on how to structure your press kit and how to use them to your advantage.

Here are the articles:

How To Guide

http://itsgoodness.com/ad-blog/press-kit-how-to-guide.html

What To Do With It

http://itsgoodness.com/ad-blog/press-kit-what-to-do-with-it.html

I look forward to any feedback and answering any questions you may have!

itsgoodness.com

facebook.com/itsgoodness

twitter.com/goodnessco

• 4 weeks later...

Hey itsGoodness

Love the articles...in fact, loving the blog. Working in artist management/development, I know how daunting it can be for artists and managers alike when they're putting together their first (professional) press kit. Surprisingly enough there's not much useful information that hasn't been regurgitated by other blogs. Me, like most people, prefer a step-by-step explanation and your articles did that.

Great work mate. I've bookmarked, liked and followed :)

Hi klamsam!

Thanks so much for the feedback I'm glad you enjoy the blog! I remember when I was in a band and all the labels wanted press kits, but I had no idea what to include in one, nor could I find any information as you said, so I made it my goal to make it as easy to understand as possible. If you have any suggestions for future articles I'd love to hear them!

several sites offer some form of epresskits. reverbnation for example. pick a template and add your content include all the elements of a real press kit but for the internet :)

I wrote an article for either my blog or Songstuff a while back on press kits. I'll dig out the link.