Your Ad Could Be Here

Poll: Social Network For Music Learning

Social network for music learning  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a site like this?

• Yes
    • No
    • There's already an existing website for this (name it pls)

• Noob

If there was a social network site for where you could learn music from professional teachers (beginner to intermediate level) would you join? Members would get badges/levels for the completed lessons if their progress is approved by teachers, so it would also be a "social game". Thanks for the answers!

Edited by matem

A great deal of learning music requires just doing it. Social networking takes one out of the doing stage and into the talking about stage. I already participate in a few music boards some with theory forum. The easiest way to learn nothing is to ask a very pertinant question. You'll get more bad information then good, flame wars left and right and nothing concrete will be retained.

The web is already a vast wasteland of mis information when it comes to musical development. And while I will admit that there is no shortage of good content on the web. Because I've been to some wonderful sites and seen some really great instruction on youtube etc people actually learn less when they have too much to decide on and can't take a path then stick to it.