Your Ad Could Be Here

Would It Be Safe To Perform This Song?

Meat Loafs "Bat Out Of Hell" at a club with my near-future band. Thats probably one of my most favorite songs and I'm not sure if it would be disrespecting a legendary song like that by trying to do a cover of it by a band thats not Meat Loaf, a new band at that. I dont want to risk pissing potential fans or getting a bad rep by performing a legendary song like that. I have practiced it, like twice daily. I havent ruled it out yet.

What do you guys think?

To my knowledge, nothing is sacred in a bar-band! I've seen bands absolutely slaughter classics and I've seen bands miraculously resurect obscure tunes and simply dazzle with their brilliance. As far as I'm concerned...if you like it - do it! Keep in mind though, you will need both a male & female singer to have a prayer of pulling it off. Regardless of what you decide though, trust me.....Meatloaf won't care :rolleyes:

Tom

lLol, yeah I'm sure he won't. He's 67 anyway.

And I hope my band would be more than just a bar-band.