Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From A Psych Rock Fan! :)

Hey guys! Just joined the forum and I am looking forward to enrich my music culture and pick some useful advices from the posters here. I've been playing piano for 7 years (I am 19), being inspired from Jerry Lee Lewis, my idol back then. For the first six years, I played almost only boogie-woogie, rock and roll and blues, but finally I grew tired of those styles' limitations (you know, C-C-C-C-F-F etc over and over again, lol) and became interested in psychedelic rock, being influenced by players like Ray Manzarek, Richard Wright, Doug Ingle, Dave Stewart etc. My biggest influence though is Syd Barrett - I just love every bit of his music and even started trying to play guitar because of him. Currently I am interested in starting psychedelic rock group but unfortunately there are almost no fans of good ol' psych in my country :( What I love most is jamming without any rules (I have posted a jam with two friends, recorded after no more than hour and a half of playing together with them here: ). This is why some of my favourite songs are lengthy improvised jams like Interstellar Overdrive by Pink Floyd, Sister Ray by The Velvet Underground, Metempsychosis by Arzachel, Raise Up High by Xhol, Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Grateful Dead's Dark Star etc. I have made some records in home with my cam, mixing the different instruments with free programs and using some cans and boxes for drums lol :D My guitar skills are awful too, but I am kinda happy with the piano parts. Hope that someday I'll find guys who will share similiar musicial ideas to mine and will be able to record and play professionally. This post is long enough already so I'll stop here... I'll be glad to answer all of your questions! :D

PP: Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.

Archived