Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know Others Without Complications And Agendas

For some weeks I have tried to engage in chat with fellow musicians, but there seems nobody interested in the music biz other than a 'handle to get a deal or promises of record success'..I am in Selsey, rather out of the way...so I don't expect too much....I have a pop history, but realise that was then, I write, play, sing and record my own compositions, and have had hits...but don't claim to have success here and now....as I do music mainly for the creativity...and push it to MySpace....I tried to reach out and work with a possible liricyst as an extra input on the vocals and invited another vocalist to work with me on recordings....informal and over coffee and chat, maybe help them...but found it all a waste of time...tried GUMTREE but found myself going up one...as they tend to ignore you once you place an ad.....so if there is anyone out there likes a chat about music, and is not tied into this 'what can you do for me' angle and is up to see where it might lead...even if its for the experience or hell of it...then I'm okay on that.

Hey

Welcome to Songstuff :)

I love music, but I also like the techie stuff and the business side too. I get having and not having an agenda, different things suit different people at different times. I enjoy talking about the lot. The good the bad and the ugly. What you do is your thing alone. Sure i have opnions and perspectives and I do express them, but I don't have a need to be right. I'm not here for arguments and I am more than happy to look at subjects in order that I or another understands the topic better, or as you say "for the hell of it". I can come across as blunt sometimes because I speak my mind, but I am always willing to learn. If you can deal with all that.... :)

Good to meet you.

Cheers

John

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff!

I wouldn't worry about Selsey being out of the way - there are people from all corners of the globe here :)

My advice would be just to start posting replies to others here on the forums - the lyrics and recording critique forums are always a good start - and you will soon find others who are willing to chat about any aspect of music and songwriting.

Regards

Jan

Archived