Your Ad Could Be Here

northen ireland/peace

hi

i was watchin the news this morning and it seems like the ireland peace talks are a bit in the balance because of a photograph....seemed a pity to come all this way to blow it on a photo..

any how made me think as usuall

cheers

nige

Photograph of peace

After all the years of conflict

The next move is hard to predict

Don’t deny the celtic charm

The only way forward is to disarm

As the old ways slowly disappear

Can you show the world there is nothing to fear

Like the saints of long ago

Sometimes being strong means letting go

Nobody is seeking retribution

Only a more peaceful solution

Now that the whole world is at war

It’s time to find a new rapport

This constant fighting has to cease

Give it up for a photograph of peace

A new era born from the beast

Let’s be the first to photograph peace

Copyright ©2004 Nigel Lawry

William of Orange walked into the north of Ireland one day and claimed it as part of the the United Kingdom. Since then, (some of) the residents of Northern Ireland have been fighting to get it back! The IRA (Irish Republican Army).

http://www.bartleby.com/65/wi/Will3Eng.html

This might enlighten you a bit!

William of Orange walked into the north of Ireland one day and claimed it as part of the the United Kingdom. Since then, (some of)  the residents of Northern Ireland have been fighting to get it back! The IRA (Irish Republican Army).

http://www.bartleby.com/65/wi/Will3Eng.html

This might enlighten you a bit!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nige

Another cracker from the pen of Lawry!

I'd just replace Gaelic with Celtic - that feels more Irish.

Alistair

Well so it ALL goes right BAK to the "dark middle ages" , huh...

I don't want to sound "sarcastic" over here, but HAS anyone over there noticed that was a PRETTY long time ago? And still no solution? You guys start to sound like the Jews and the Arabs .... you don't even NEED a reason to fight anymore ... you just keep on fighting because you have allways been fighting?

Sounds like a big waste of man-power to me...

Nobody is getting anything out of that fight ... exept maybe companies that manufacture guns and ammo ... lives are being lost in all kinds of bombings and other incidents ... WHAT is the purpose in all of that? Whatever it IS it doesn't seem to WORK! It's all useless ... Just a lot of people get killed ...

Independency, which we Finns by some miracle happened to achieve even IF the closest neighbouring country is RUSSIA that wanted to attack us ...

We fought them DAMN HARD even if we were outnumbered ... the small Finnish fighting force really KICKED some Russian ASS back then, but of course we could not match their endless resources with soldiers, guns, artillery and ammo ... but we broke free and got independency anyway, with the help of some cunning Finnish politicians ... (I guess what they did was get everybody DRUNK on RUSSIAN VODKA and after THAT started the negotiations...)

We had to pay ZILLIONS in "War-Compensations" to the Russkies in the 50's but we got through and survived as a nation...

And what has this all got to do with the Ireland -situation?

NOTHING!

Just an example about how two conflicting nations CAN get things solved ... if somebody on the "other side" wants to listen what you have to say...

I guess in YOUR case... there IS nobody "on the other side" that really WANTS to get things solved?

So ... you continue the same madness that has been going on for years and years and years....

What a shame... :(

PEACE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your right its stupid. the most stupid thing being the 20th C attitude of responsibility to both factions which included sending and maintaining troops there who were basicly allowed to do little except stand between the warring caths & prots. the irish should have been left to sort it out themselves & if they couldnt, then that would be their fault.

Well so it ALL goes right BAK to the "dark middle ages" , huh...

I don't want to sound "sarcastic" over here, but HAS anyone over there noticed that was a PRETTY long time ago? And still no solution? You guys start to sound like the Jews and the Arabs .... you don't even NEED a reason to fight anymore ... you just keep on fighting because you have allways been fighting?

Sounds like a big waste of man-power to me...

Nobody is getting anything out of that fight ... exept maybe companies that manufacture guns and ammo ... lives are being lost in all kinds of bombings and other incidents ... WHAT is the purpose in all of that? Whatever it IS it doesn't seem to WORK! It's all useless ... Just a lot of people get killed ...

Independency, which we Finns by some miracle happened to achieve even IF the closest neighbouring country is RUSSIA that wanted to attack us ...

We fought them DAMN HARD even if we were outnumbered ... the small Finnish fighting force really KICKED some Russian ASS back then, but of course we could not match their endless resources with soldiers, guns, artillery and ammo ... but we broke free and got independency anyway, with the help of some cunning Finnish politicians ... (I guess what they did was get everybody DRUNK on RUSSIAN VODKA and after THAT started the negotiations...)

We had to pay ZILLIONS in "War-Compensations" to the Russkies in the 50's but we got through and survived as a nation...

And what has this all got to do with the Ireland -situation?

NOTHING!

Just an example about how two conflicting nations CAN get things solved ... if somebody on the "other side" wants to listen what you have to say...

I guess in YOUR case... there IS nobody "on the other side" that really WANTS to get things solved?

So ... you continue the same madness that has been going on for years and years and years....

What a shame... :(

PEACE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Part of the problem I feel, is that most folk in Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) think that the people of Northern Ireland are Irish. But the Northern Irish Loyalists think of themselves as British! It's a bit like Gibralta and Spain...

Until the majority of the voters in Northern Ireland vote for reunification with Ireland, then it will always be hotspot. Maybe St Patrick will come back and drive all the protestants into the sea... ;)

England is supposed to be a "civiliced country"

That reminds me of Ghandi's famous reply to the question of what he thought of British Civilisation...

"I think it would be a very good idea."

Now YOU better WATCH what kinda poems you WRITE  ... OR this forum's gonna be crowded!  :P

Anyway, any poem  churning up so lot of noize gotta be good!

PEACE!

H. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HH

It's fair to say that the Northern Ireland situation is a lot better now than it has been for thirty years and going in the right direction. Your bombs and bullets scenario is somewhat out of date. There are still entrenched attitudes but there are reasons to be cheerful!

Wasn't that the "Western civilication" ?

Another oxymoron?

Now you've asked, I must confess to uncertainty. But it was the British he was struggling with, not "the West".

Besides, I've never been one to spoil a good story merely for the sake of truth and objectivity.

(Nice bow-tie, H.)

Actually... the stuff in the BAK is a very fancy CHAIR , delivered by the photographer who took the pictures .... you cannot see it good in the pic, but it was a REAL fancy chair .... to LOOK AT, NOT to SIT on .... actually it was a PAIN in my AZ!  [smiley=vocals.gif]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

h

you seem to get a lot of trouble with chairs ......ever considerd walking now and again.. :D

Archived