Your Ad Could Be Here

One Cover A Week Every Week Until January.

Re name of the band..... Now I can't find it to save my life. My buddy and I were chatting online and I didn't save any of the conversation.

Here's my contribution to this week's covers - my version of Fisherman's Blues by the Waterboys. It was recorded a couple of years ago and was the first time I included mandolin on one of my recordings.

Thanks Mike :D The tone for the solo is a little trashier than I expected, but I'm starting to almost like it :P

Another great cover! nice one Tom.

Here's mine for this week. Not terribly happy with it, but don't have time to fix it/record something else.

https://soundcloud.com/laynegreene/12-the-storm-its-coming-glen

Video coming when I get some time to work on it...

This is it! My last cover for this project. It's been a blast. Did this song as an xmas present for my dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8E2qhlQfjs

Time for a break? Well you've achieved your goal.

I remember an interview with GE Smith just after he joined Hall and Oates They would go out and watch him play in his cover band.when they weren't touring. He''d be able to play for weeks without repeating a single song. Being in a cover band means always updating your material. I'm sure you know that one well. Some of my favorite cover bands I stopped seeing because they played the same songs every show in the exact same order and same way for years.

I realize your busy with school and it will be awhile before the band gets back together. Still I'd suggest trying to fit in a solo gig even if it's in the cafeteria between lessons.

Definitely time for a break :P It was a blast though!! I learned a lot about comping doing these covers. And I think my vocal performance improved a lot.

I'm hoping to talk to the local theatre directer and see if he'll let some coffee house type shows happen in the green room this semester. I miss playing :(

Thanks for sticking with this thread mike, I really appreciate it :) and happy new year!! And thanks Tom for jumping in!

• Like 1