Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting Started?

melodybeals

If you are just getting started, Try This:

1. Record yourself singing and play it back. Were you on pitch? Get a second opinion.

2. Try to harmonize with an a-capella recording of you singing.

3. Make sure that the song you are singing, is either a duet or has strong back-up vocals on it.

Some examples of things you could try:

Mumford N Sons "Little Lion Man"

FUN. "Some Nights"

Heathers "Remember When"

Singing Harmonies takes LOTS of practice. Most people don’t get it on the first try. Another great way to learn is to listen to Choir arrangements, and try to sing along with a line that is a harmony line. For females, the harmonies are usually Alto Lines.

Helpful? Not Helpful?

• Like 1

I cannot see you being anything but helpful. For my part ,I should really carry a bell,. when about to sing. Rather like the old , " Unclean!" , cry. I could give a warning ring :lol2:

Good tips Melody. It needs a fair degree of ear training to do, listening not only to your vocal and it's pitch and tonality, but also listening to a generally louder vocal singing a melody that your own pitch is relative to.

Worth mentioning is that this is an exercise you have to do several times, as you are unlikely to hit the harmony line, if you are also making up the harmony line. It takes experimentation and then once you have decided upon the harmony line, that is when the practice begins. That is why picking something that already has a good harmony is useful. The hard work is done for you regarding writing the harmony line to be sung.