Your Ad Could Be Here

How many songs do you write a year?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Three songs so far this year, one a month, two of which I am happy with (Keys to the Kingdom & The Inescapable Truth). One which needs work on the melody because it sounds too much like Songbird by Fleetwood Mac (Chasing Rainbows).

Three or four songs in progress which might come to fruition or might not.

A song a month would suit me well.

I'm too busy planning, producing, recording and doing my dayjob. Ideas get down still, though so I'll probably start putting songs together for my second CD (if the first one goes well) in September/October (roughly).

Maybe I should just sit down and write a song to hone my skills so they don't get all rusty and blunt .... waddayathink?

When I was working my oppressive management job, it was one a year...but now that I have gone the self-employed route, I put about 20-30 hours a week into studio work, and am going at the rate of about 2 per month since January. The best part is that it is much more quality work. I'm doing what I love, to write. Everything else is just fluff.

I've been picking up speed since I started writing. I wrote two songs in late '03, then i wrote 25 in '04 ( mostly in the latter half, from about July onwards) and so far this year I've written ten. I'm bound to slow down sometime soon - I'm running out of topics!

Do any of you cannabilise the good bits of your crap songs to make better new songs?

Generally, I don't. Well, at least not deliberately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of my crap songs never develop. I susually transform a crap song so much it's a different one. So in a few words:

- crap songs are aborted before being born

- defective ones are genetically modified just after conception

- I never create frankenstein songs with different part of dead songs

:)

- I never create frankenstein songs with different part of dead songs

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it "a day in the life" by the beatles a "frankenstein" song?.

the first part is lennon's song, then this bridge arranged by martin, then mccartney's part, and then return to lennon...

does somebody know about it?

Ha Ha! I  AM a moderator!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moderator, moderate thyself :P

In the latest issue of Classic Rock magazine, there are 100 reasons why the Beatles suck.

Behave, or i'll list them all!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that because the Beatles were a POP band...? ;)

Probably! But they were Classic all the same....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at the time! They have become a 'classic' pop band. Nothing to do with rock at all!

Not at the time! They have become a 'classic' pop band. Nothing to do with rock at all!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No not at the time. The 'were' relates to them not being around anymore. Surely 'classic' can only be conveyed later. But, anyway, you either love the Beatles or you don't so none of it matters anyway! ;D

Help me.

I want to try and understand.

I can see that pop isn't necessarily rock.

But isn't rock pop anyway?

What does it all mean?

And why am I so insignificant?