Your Ad Could Be Here

Anyone Have A Suggestions For A Decent Electric Guitar Vst?

• 1 month later...

realistic guitars are hard to generate with vsts. I use a vst called realstrat and edit the hell out of it to get it to sound like a legit clean guitar, then plug the sound through a virtual amplifier (I use guitar rig 4). Hope that helps.

If hat doesn't work for you, your next best option is probably to learn how to play guitar =P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I find RealLPC better sound wise than realStrat but they both work, in the right hands, especially when adding a good effects emulator like Guitar Rig or, depending on context, Trash2.

It blows my mind that someone would suggest you buy a guitar. You know, unless you already know how to play one.

I'll agree with both points on that.  You will need to adapt your playing style to make the most out of them.  Jeff Abbott (keytar jeff) has some great youtube videos about adapting techniques to bring the most out of the virtual guitar.

When I first started playing midi guitar (I think it was '85)  Everyone said.... buy a keyboard.  Tried that, tried learning the keyboard for years but I just didn't get into it.  With the ztars I have I'm exploring things no one could do on a guitar and things I'd never dream of on a keyboard.

Edited by TapperMike

A few years back I became curious about MusicLabs' RealGuitar, but it wasn't ready for Prime Time, IMO. When I ran across your post earlier today it reminded me to go and see how things had progressed. I downloaded the trial/demo and... Wow!

It took me all of about 30 minutes to order the full version of RealGuitar 3, arriving tomorrow.  :guitarplay1:

• 9 months later...

@CapM - funnily enough I just bought Scuffham this morning. After years of being underwhelmed by amp sims (they always seem to have that nasty high end fizz), I've finally found one that's usable.

I know it's not exactly what the OP was asking about, but scuffham definitely gets my vote.

• 3 weeks later...

With the ztars I have

Did a search and came up empty-handed - what's a zstar?

My avatar - BabyZ (ztar model)

I just posted this elsewhere

Me and my ztar videos- https://www.youtube.com/user/Frets200

My website (which needs updating) having to do mostly with techiques and approaches to ztar playing - http://tappermike.com

And Starr Labs site (makers of the ztar) http://starrlabs.com

Edited by TapperMike