Your Ad Could Be Here

H E L P ... !

I work in a College, and we've bought 5x upgrades for Cubase 1/2 -> Cubase SX3 for our music dept. Unfortunately, a vital piece of paper with an auth code from the packages has been lost and now we can't do the upgrades.

Steinberg so far have not been helpful - we've offered to pay again for the upgrades, but they're saying that as we've already upgraded we can't upgrade the same products again and we have to buy the full product...!

Does anyone have any contacts that could help with this or any other advice?

I'd be extremely grateful for any help...!

Cheers.

where are YOU gonna GO? To the "warez"-guyz?

regrettably yes...use the tools at your disposal. Understandable that Steinberg has a (bad) policy in place that is applied equally to all customers, also understandable that anyone can simply call or write and say they lost a code. Which was stupid and not surprising, cuz we're all human.

Also stupid not to be able to use your software that you paid for on principle, but you are in a school, where principles are supposed to matter.

Its only in real life where we do as necessity compels.

~S~

good luck

Well we've had some success on this now, after putting a lot of pressure on the distributor they've allowed us to re-buy the upgrades. It's a pain in the arse to have to pay again, but it's a fraction of the cost of buying the full product. Hey ho.

The thing was, we've got the invoices and everything to prove we've actually bought the thing in the first place. All of our software is legit and we put a lot of effort into making sure it stays that way and we still get this sort of poor service. That's what boils my piss...!

Still, all's well that ends (reasonably) well. Thanks for your replies.

Well we've had some success on this now, after putting a lot of pressure on the distributor they've allowed us to re-buy the upgrades. It's a pain in the arse to have to pay again, but it's a fraction of the cost of buying the full product. Hey ho.

The thing was, we've got the invoices and everything to prove we've actually bought the thing in the first place. All of our software is legit and we put a lot of effort into making sure it stays that way and we still get this sort of poor service. That's what boils my piss...!

Still, all's well that ends (reasonably) well. Thanks for your replies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the best you can hope for. And similar to what others have had to go thru with lost or broken dongles.

~S~

I wonder why their are so many pirates with this level of customer care in place...? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With irony - i agree!

I don't use any pirate software of any kind. But I have friends that laugh at me spending time on the phone to unhelpful support people ( e.g. Steinberg ) trying to get a legit upgrade when my pirate pals have already been using it for weeks before me...

Why bother? My arguments are running out :(

BS

With irony - i agree!

I don't use any pirate software of any kind.  But I have friends that laugh at me spending time on the phone to unhelpful support people ( e.g. Steinberg ) trying to get a legit upgrade when my pirate pals have already been using it for weeks before me...

Why bother? My arguments are running out  :(

BS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is just plain ridiculous; I have bought a computer game to my son, and it is printed in copy protected DVD. DVD is faulty, and it start to brake in the pieces after use of 7 month. I "can't" do a back up from it because it is copy protected, guarantee is over because it last only 6 month...So buy a new one? No way in hell. Get some tool to bypass that copy protection, and try to make a backup...YES. And now I have the broken original, a backup, and the image- file which I can share via P2P 8)

yep...

I guess they are getting a bit OVERBOARD with all these "copy-protected" disks... finally you end UP with a disk NOBODY can use, not the guy who has purchased it from a shop, and has NO worries, OR somebody who has turned to the "Warez" OR the manufactures..

Now where IZ the sense in ALL  that?

I am pretty sure everybody who USES these programs, and wants them to WORK 100% IZ  willing to pay the price for a 100% working version and leave the pirated S*** to kids to play with... I MAY be wrong... :P

Anyway, I prefer a WORKING PROGRAM!  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Anyway, I prefer a working program....."

That is always the ridiculous attitude of ignorance (to my experience).

As I read these posts, I can only say that the companies profit, the warez users get what they want at almost no cost, and the retards who stick to the rule of the letter of the law are the only ones in the chicken-coop getting eaten alive.

Out of all the warez I've tried, very very few caused glitches, bugs, viruses, or any of the paranoid crap ignoramuses spout on about. If I got 1 or 2 viruses this way over the years big deal, there was never once instance where my up-to-date virus-checker did not work and put the shite away.

Use warez when you have to. Don't feel bad. The guys at Steinberg really don't care about you. They care about their own interests, JUST LIKE YOU.

Wake up and stop whining. Get whatever you need done - done.

THE NET WAS INVENTED SO PEOPLE COULD FIND ANSWERS.

Now we have answers.

What do we do with them?

lol

~S~

"Anyway, I prefer a working program....."

That is always the ridiculous attitude of ignorance (to my experience).

As I read these posts, I can only say that the companies profit, the warez users get what they want at almost no cost, and the retards who stick to the rule of the letter of the law are the only ones in the chicken-coop getting eaten alive.

Out of all the warez I've tried, very very few caused glitches, bugs, viruses, or any of the paranoid crap ignoramuses spout on about. If I got 1 or 2 viruses this way over the years big deal, there was never once instance where my up-to-date virus-checker did not work and put the shite away.

Use warez when you have to. Don't feel bad. The guys at Steinberg really don't care about you.  They care about their own interests, JUST LIKE YOU.

Wake up and stop whining. Get whatever you need done - done.

THE NET WAS INVENTED SO PEOPLE COULD FIND ANSWERS. 

Now we have answers.

What do we do with them? 

lol

~S~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

??? I forgot what the question was...?

• 2 weeks later...
??? I forgot what the question was...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was it "what is 7 times 6"? ;)

But in truth - if you are a pro or semi pro musician, you just can't rely on hacked software to deliver.

Imagine the scenario - you've been working for 4 weeks solid on a TV package. A 30 second mix. A 1 minute mix. A couple of "stabs". An extended "radio edit" and a half dozen signature hits to accompany an advertising promo. All tweaked to perfection. Sounds f***ing brillliant!!!

OK, it gets to delivery time and your warez introduces a tiny glitch in the CD you've just burned.

Normally because it's just for peronsal use, you wouldn't really bother. BUT now because the client pays your rent/mortgage/food they're just gonna say they can't use it, and not pay you. You burn again. Slight crackle in the 4th minute. Unacceptable for broadcast. You lose the contract.

Where do you stand now? Hungry?! :)

Warez is fine ( at best ) for messing around - but if you ever want to get serious about your music - forget it.

BS

Edited by BongStuff

• 3 weeks later...
Was it "what is 7 times 6"?  ;)

But in truth - if you are a pro or semi pro musician, you just can't rely on hacked software to deliver.

Imagine the scenario - you've been working for 4 weeks solid on a TV package. A 30 second mix. A 1 minute mix. A couple of "stabs". An extended "radio edit" and a half dozen signature hits to accompany an advertising promo. All tweaked to perfection. Sounds f***ing brillliant!!!

OK, it gets to delivery time and your warez introduces a tiny glitch in the CD you've just burned.

Normally because it's just for peronsal use, you wouldn't really bother. BUT now because the client pays your rent/mortgage/food they're just gonna say they can't use it, and not pay you. You burn again. Slight crackle in the 4th minute. Unacceptable for broadcast. You lose the contract.

Where do you stand now? Hungry?! :)

Warez is fine ( at best ) for messing around - but if you ever want to get serious about your music - forget it.

BS

Ouch!

Was that a point being made? ;)

I guess it also depends on your turnover. I'm of the same opinion as Bongstuff, but if you haven't enough income to be able to compete in the market place it's a very tempting opportunity.

If you've got the cash, you're not doing yourself any favours. If you think you're any good, put your money where your Music is.

:)

Cheers

John