Your Ad Could Be Here

New Member + Songwriting Exercise Idea

adam1012

• Noob

hey guys!

my name's Adam and i'm from Miami, FL. I play guitar and sing, and dabble in piano :P. I've written a few songs, and am influenced by singers like Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Phil Phillips, and several others.

My idea for a songwriting exercise is a page out of Jason Mraz's book. He plays this game with several other song writers in which a word or phrase is chosen and the writers are challenged to write a song that is based on that phrase, or just includes it in the song.

Thanks for reading, really hope we get something like this going (:

Hi Adam, welcome to Songstuff :)

Many thanks for your suggestion. We used to do exactly the same game! I am already too busy to run the game however, but I will chat to the staff to see if anyone would like to maintain either a lyrics or lyrics and music songwriting challenge. We already have a monthly song contest and lyrics contest. Each month a different challenge is set. The challenge in the monthly contest can vary from song form, to theme, or concept and mechanism. That said I still think there is room for a songwriting challenge. :)