Your Ad Could Be Here

Tommyroz

TommyRoz

• Noob

I'm TommyRoz. I was a comedian for 12 years. The reason why I became a comedian was because I was with several evolutions of a Punk band in the early 80's called The Basic Bones, and the one thing I came away with is that you need to depend on each band member's commitment to the truth in order to survive. The problem was, everyone has their own vision of what truth was, and if you're not syncopated with that same vision, than you're all playing on borrowed time. So after 5 years, I broke free from the Bones and decided to depend on myself and the stand-up thing happened naturally. I started my own song parody company and began to sell contemporary topics laced with the hit of the month and sold them to radio stations, WBAB in New York and WYNF in Tampa being my top 2 clients. I would usually pick up my guitar during the last 15 minutes of my stand-up act and try to whip the crowd into a frenzy with song parodies as well as a few of my original songs. Ending a comedy show with music and a big laugh is always preferable. I have worked with comedians ranging from Larry the Cable Guy to Tommy Chong over the years, and my array of road adventures may be worth of a biography one day. I did my last show in 2002, got a real job, took care of the kids and that allowed for my wife to finish nursing school. Five years ago I finished a Children's Book complete with songs entitled THE ADVENTURES OF PENCIL PETE AND ERASER which you can still find on YouTube in increments. I ended the WebSite that supported the book last August to concentrate my efforts on retiring early. However, picking my guitar and writing songs is still good therapy for me, and occasionally I'll upload one of my songvids on the TommyRoz YouTube channel. I look forward to being a part of Songstuff. T-Roz