Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey Everyone!

My name is Jordan, and I am a singer/guitarist/songwriter.  

In terms of a music career, in order of preference it would be  professional touring artist performing my own songs/my co-written songs/by someone else but I'm in the band (aka not a hired gun) (I'm also not vain/narcissistic enough to say I have to play my own songs, even if a band member is a much better writer)>same as above but performing as a hired gun>same but not my own songs aka your typical pop star>all of the above but playing in a more niche genre (such as death metal, prog rock etc)>session musician>performing on cruise ships/bar band etc>a coach/teacher in music.

Currently I am a senior at Penn State, majoring in Criminal Justice, which is my sort of "safe" career option.  Admittedly, the prospect of graduating in 2 months has reaallly kickstarted my work towards a music career! :jumping38:

I currently practice guitar and vocals each day, and also try to write one song (meaning lyrics, vocal melodies, and by default the chords) each day.  I also got an mbox mini with pro tools express, and am trying to learn how to make at least ok-sounding demos.  

If anybody has any advice that will help me reach my goals, I would greatly appreciate it!  I also plan on spending my time here and seeing where it goes :phone:

EDIT: Wow I can't even manage to spell a title correctly...I need to go to bed.

Edited by tunesmithth
corrected title for ya'-LOL After a few more posts, you'll be able to handle things like this your self...welcome!

Hi Jordan,

I'm certain you can find plenty of useful adice here. Take the time to get to know the site. There is something published about everything musical on here. FInding it can take a little time though.

welcome