Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello Songstuff! Lyricist Desperate For Criticism.

Hello everyone,

I've been writing poetry for the past 2-3 years since the loss of my fiance, it has served as one of the few vents I cling to and use on a day to day basis. In the past year, however, I've taken to writing lyrical rap music in lieu of free form poetry. I like the idea of keeping a rhythm and just the shock and awe of punch lines, rhyme scheme, a well-written hook, etc. 

The difficulty for me has been finding people to look at my work with an unbiased eye and provide me with honest criticism. I share my written works with friends and family exclusively for the most part and of course they are going to tell me it all looks great. But I feel if I want to progress as an artist in the future I need to be given the hard truth so I can take that feedback and use it to develop. 

So it is a pleasure to meet you all, I hope to hear from you in the future and will happily post my feedback to your works as well! 

-Chris a.k.a. "Fathom"

Great to meet you Chris. Welcome to Songstuff :) You should get feedback from a writers from a breadth of experience here. The boards require you to provide feedback to others to take part in the critique process but giving critique to others and discussing the songs, your own or others, adds so much more value on top (far more than simply hearing opinions) that putting the effort in to consider and discuss is a no-brainer. The more you put in, the more you get out.

There are a few topics on critique, linked to from the critique board pinned topics, that many other members have found helpful.

Enjoy the site!