Your Ad Could Be Here

Artist promotion

I dare say you have all noticed the odd post by a new member, promoting a particular artist, never to be seen again! I checked up on a few of the artists mentioned and it seems to be the 'thing' to encourage the fans to promote the artists in as many places (forums) as possible. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not! But it appears to be on the increase. I visited the site of Bonnie McKee. She has a forum where you can join up to the 'Troublemakers'.

In a nutshell, as a troublemaker, you can earn points toward a signed album or some other Bonnie McKee stuff by spreading the word! Here's a snippet of the latest tasks available to the troublemakers.

*MISSION 6: SPREAD BONNIE'S MTV A-Z SITE!* 100 points

As most of you all know, Bonnie was hand-picked by MTV to appear on "ADVANCED WARNING." So we want to give everyone a head's up and a preview of Bonnie by sending them her MTV A-Z Page filled with Bonnie exclusives!

The member who sends the most "A-Z" links will win an autographed "Trouble" album and a Warner cd prize pack (any 3 cds of your choice from artists listed here!)

Go to the Send/Post A Link section to grab your own personal A-Z link to start sending around! [ends Feb 28, 2005]

*OFFLINE MISSIONS* 3000 points

Want to help spread the word about Bonnie on the street at concerts, shows, school, etc... ? E-mail us at teambonnie@fanpimp.com for more information!

You will also be asked to submit a report and photos are always a plus! Here is an example of some awesome Bonnie promo pictures!

Is this a good idea or not?

i dont think it is. It is nicer to build up a community in these forums rather than being bombarded with newbies after quick online reviews, that rarely do anything than post for their own advantage.

But from a moderators point of view your link isbeing banded about so it might attract more traffic

i dont think it is. It is nicer to build up a community in these forums rather than being bombarded with newbies after quick online reviews, that rarely do anything than post for their own advantage.

But from a moderators point of view your link isbeing banded about so it might attract more traffic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it is either. These posts are nearly always written in the same chatty style and seem to have been copied and pasted in. They are similar for nearly every artist who is promoted in this way. The 'member' gives nothing (and takes nothing either) but I don't think many of us take much notice of them so it's a waste of everyone's time.

The community point is well made. You tend to get more from other members here once you have given spmething yourself. We're all happy to review other people's stuff - which is partly why we are her - but it is nice to have the favour returned too. And these posters don't do that.

Personaly, I think it's an irritant! I have ignored these posts in the past and they soon disapear off the page. I just thought there seemed to be an increase in this type of post and followed it through. I wonder what type of response the artist is getting from this? There must be SOME response otherwise it would stop! It was definately being encouraged on the above mentioned site...

Personaly, I think it's an irritant! I have ignored these posts in the past and they soon disapear off the page. I just thought there seemed to be an increase in this type of post and followed it through. I wonder what type of response the artist is getting from this? There must be SOME response otherwise it would stop! It was definately being encouraged on the above mentioned site...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny to see but i did a google search the other day on the word pilfa and i noticed that our manager had left this exact type messages on guestbooks and forum.....I dont think it generates any interest...... they are as effective as pop up banners... which you click in the cross everytime without reading.

Funny to see but i did a google search the other day on the word pilfa and i noticed that our manager had left this exact type messages on guestbooks and forum.....I dont think it generates any interest...... they are as effective as pop up banners... which you click in the cross everytime without reading.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interestingly! I did the same and got this......

..:: pilfa confesion box ::..

Official site for the UK rock band Pilfa Confession Box with news,

mp3s, gig dates, profiles, live photos & reviews.

www.pilfa.co.uk/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

..:: pilfa confession box ::..

pilfa confession box are a five piece band from Northampton, England. ... For

any other requests please [ Email: band@pilfa.co.uk ].

www.pilfa.co.uk/band/item_default.htm - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

[ More results from www.pilfa.co.uk ]

Shemales In Bondage

SHEMALES IN BONDAGE. Shemales In Bondage. liberation route focus harder

constantly Valis s hope NC hall said, sprawling the with sale ...

Is this you Tim? Or Dan on his days off....? :P

Interestingly! I did the same and got this......

..:: pilfa confesion box ::..

Official site for the UK rock band Pilfa Confession Box with news,

mp3s, gig dates, profiles, live photos & reviews.

www.pilfa.co.uk/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

..:: pilfa confession box ::..

pilfa confession box are a five piece band from Northampton, England. ... For

any other requests please [ Email: band@pilfa.co.uk ].

www.pilfa.co.uk/band/item_default.htm - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

[ More results from www.pilfa.co.uk ]

Shemales In Bondage

SHEMALES IN BONDAGE. Shemales In Bondage. liberation route focus harder

constantly Valis s hope NC hall said, sprawling the with sale ...

Is this you Tim? Or Dan on his days off....? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lmao!!!!

Do you guys GET groupies?

Come on, tell the truth and remember that we will divide the answer you give by 10.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

girlfriends are always present at gigs to stop the groupies getting close enough!!

but when they aint about

the line "i am in a rock band" always goes down well........

but for dan saying

"i am lead singer of rock band" goes down even better"

girlfriends are always present at gigs to stop the groupies getting close enough!!

but when they aint about

the line "i am in a rock band" always goes down well........

but for dan saying

"i am lead singer of rock band" goes down even better"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you should hear "the groupie routine" by Zappa... tells the whole story... :D