Your Ad Could Be Here

Great Deal On Cakewalks Dimension Pro

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2013/06/cakewalk/

I just bought it and downloaded it.  About to run thru the paces on a different computer.  Dimension Pro used to sell for 350.

As an added bonus it can open sfz files like aria, alchemy and digital sound factory https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/dimension_products

I've been looking for a better workhorse library then what I've been using.  (tired of the M!, can't use Proteus VX anymore and Wusik is a pain to navigate with poorly produced sounds)

This offer expires July7

In a few hours I'll come back with my thoughts on it.

So it's a fairly impressive collection of sounds for the price.  Though I'm not as impressed as I should be.

The process for registering is kind of a pain.

Don't crack gives you a redeem code that you have to enter at cakewalk.

Fill out don't crack's forms  get the code go to Cakewalk.

Fill out cakewalks forms get an email that's poorly formatted (hint stay on the cakewalk page and download from there instead of closing the window and loosing the link.

Download and get a registration code.

Install (takes some time so be patient) Have your registration code handy for the install.

You can have 32 or the 64 bit version installed but not both (did not make me happy) You can only install to one computer ever (again not happy) opted for 64 expecting the amazing got the okay but not amazing.

Installed code entered ready to go right?

No cakewalk wants you to register again.  Off to cakewalk set up account offer serial code check email for unlock code.

Poorly formatted text has that code butting up with the form mail.  Get invalid registration code time after time.

Go to cakewalk for support install and unlock have to be done via right click run as admin. 

Finally got the program unlocked.

Speaker out issue with standalone version.  I like to run thru my headphone outs on my computer..... It's useless unless I go thru a host to open Dimension pro in a host (using it in cantible 64bit)

Some really nice pads etc but it's no wavestation. Not impressed with the acoustic piano's they are okay and less then many of the piano vst's I've already got.  Not impressed with GPO which is included.  Am impressed with the e-piano's some pads awesome most only fair.  Basses are good. woodwinds/brass are mediocre.

Mostly just teed off at my ztar. something funky happening with it which makes notes repeat when they should sustain.

Expected combi's no such luck.

Nonetheless I'm thinking of getting the proteus2000 expansion soundpack from digital sound factory.  I have the 2500 card in an old broken command station and loved it. very little difference between the proteus 2000 and the 2600

Install expansions

Start program

My z6 wasn't treated well by it's previous owners.  It's one of the first ever built.  Every summer odd things happen in the heat and humidity. Octave buttons either don't work or get stuck other little things happen.  Usually when the heat dies down things settle back to "normal" It's getting there now.  I bought the z6 for around 600 used. New they start at $4,000

My big debate (and it won't happen for a little while) is whether or not to get chicken systems translator.  I've already got a serious collection of sound libraries but the user interface on some of them is for the birds. With the translator they claim the can extract all the sound and data (sometimes scripts are the secret to a great sound in virtual instruments) and convert it to another equally complex sound format.   I've put a few "feelers" out to those I know who have the Chicken Systems translator - http://www.chickensys.com/products2/translator/  I want to know how well it translates.  I've seen a few examples (even of major brands) where you get the same sound from the same company in a different format and somehow its different (usually not as good)