Your Ad Could Be Here

Great Job Beth! I'll get this added to the Songstuff YouTube Channel! :)

dig the tune, especially your voice, great singing. i also like the harmonies although the vocal panning is a bit extreme at times. Another thing is the drum programming detracts from the song (in my opinion), it is of much lower quality than the rest of the production, i can definitely relate as i am possibly the worst drum programmer of all time and can never get my drum tracks to sound good, where are the drummers when you need them? other than that i think it's a cool song, good work.

• 2 weeks later...

I like your voice and the song is ok, but I can't help thinking that you could do more with it, with the quality of your voice.

I'm not suggesting an all out Mariah Carey style assault, but you seem to have the range and depth to your voice that could build in some more dynamics. I think you could make this better by maybe building up to a big chorus somewhere and letting your vocals go a bit.

I may have totally misinterpreted what you were trying to acheive, and apologies if I have, but my comments are meant constructively.  You have talent, and I think you are keeping it hidden.

Beth:

All I do is write lyrics, and I have zero experience or knowledge about the music end of it all, but I do know when something hits me....and this song did.  I have no idea how experienced you are, nor how long you have been doing this, but this was nice....in fact, really good.  I can see where the other comments were coming from, and I agree (based on my very limited knowledge), but it seems to me you are on the way madam.  Keep up the good work.

Joe

this has a nice feel to it !! liked it a lot !! good stuff

rock on !!

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to most of this song one time.....and i really loved the vocal on this one , all the subtle voicings etc ...really love it ( the voice)...... I'm usually a stickler for listening to how a song is crafted and what's good/what's bad ....... I never even got to that point on this song because I was listening to the voice , couldn't tell you anything the thing the song was about .... I do think that a piano that would allow the notes to ring out and gradually fade , or even just voice alone would sound alot better than the short choppy guitar that draws you away from the great voice would be a better way to go .... so I guess what I'm saying is that IF, the song lyrics and melody would have pulled me in and MADE me listen like the voice did , you would have one incredible monster of a song ..... I have never had this happen before.... where I didn't even listen to a song because the voice grabbed me first and it wouldn't let go ..... thank you for that experience .......... I'm on a cell phone and can't see your profile or where your from, but I'd bet you could get some demo work here in Nashville .... if your not already

• 2 months later...

cool voice and use of it - well done