Your Ad Could Be Here

Seems nice but... You're right about the mix; making it pretty hard to know what's going on.

Mix the voice above the instruments. And I would take a bunch o' those effects off the voice. (The "radio" voice is cool, though. That's an effect.) Often ---perhaps out of insecurity with our singing/voice--- we try to cover our voices with a lot of gimmicky effects. But if you put your voice front 'n' center ---naked--- I think you'll find that you recordings sound better. Always err on the side of "less".

Just my 3¢...  :) 

Looking forward to hearing this again with a clearer mix... Sounds good!

Edited by Skylark

• 2 weeks later...

I really like your voice and the song.

I agree with Skylark about the effects on your voice, but I think the mix would be great if the guitars were slightly lower and also eq'd to take the very top end down slightly.

The sound reminds me of a favourite album of mine "Shoebox Full of Secrets" by Andy Pawlak.  It is an album that is chock full of great songs but I think the brightness and general toppy production put people off.  

Look up some of the stuff on youtube about putting some distortion on vocals (on a duplicate track kept at a lower level and eq'd to push the mids) and adding saturation and I think you can easily finalise this with the tracks you already have into something outstanding.

Hope that's constructive, and good luck.  Great song.