Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hello everyone!

I am about to launch a new online service and wanted to ask you guys for your opinion.

If there was a service that offered to better your demos, would you use it?

Assuming you didn't have the technical ability to produce a professional sounding/release-ready demo at home, would you consider paying a small fee to have your demo produced and mixed? All you would have to do would be to upload the seperate tracks you had already recorded at home (stems) to our website (copyright secured), for then to have your song arranged and produced to a high standard.

I'd really appreciate your feedback - good or bad! Thank you:)

• Noob

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your reply. It is not a straight forward mixing/mastering service I have in mind. What I mean is more a service to help people who have written their first songs, but have maybe just recorded the voice + a guitar, or a keyboard, maybe to a simple drum loop. The service would offer to develop the arrangement (adding instruments and parts), possibly help with song structure and finally mixing and mastering towards an end product.

There are services that offer to do this, even from the stage of lyrics only or lyrics and melody, plus ones that will offer to add individual session musicians or do arrangements and recordings... Point is there are such services. Good luck if it is what you do but be prepared for significant competition!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The key is to build up a reputation....ALL these places are NOT alike....

I hear some of the work & it is not Pro...

if you got the chops do it and charge accordingly...But alot of these places are PROS who just want to supplement their income....

Marketing is 2nd to word of mouth on this

Edited by SteveA

• 1 month later...

i agree with the above comment!
ive heard a lot of bands paying for a service and getting a completely different production to the samples online,
now... if contracts were written up properly, then i guess that wouldn't be an issue.
like steveA said above, depends on how good you are i guess, there's more and more bedroom studios getting good productions, so i guess youd have to proove your worth!
good luck anyway!