Your Ad Could Be Here

Donation To Charity

Rudi

OK,

I have been making music for 40 years, but have never tried to market, sell or publicise it.

At such time as I do. I want any & all proceeds to go to charity. Specifically, the Alzheimer's Society.

I have read a bunch of stuff in here and to be honest, it’s off putting. A lot of work for almost nothing. I know nothing about twitter, facebook makes me feel paranoid and youtube refused my  application because they didn’t like my picture (yes really). Also, my mobile phone  doesn’t do internet.

I have just enough energy to make some music and none for learning all this other stuff. Should I give up now and save time later?

Rudi

I'm not sure I would pin my hopes on Taxi. No harm I guess, but you are more likely to get better results by targeted pitching.

It really depends on on many factors, not least of which would be your end aspirations.

Are you likely o be the next Eminem? Doubtful, but then I doubt that would be a shock ;)

There are many other promotions options, not least of which is blogging. I have to scoot just now, but I'll send you a message and perhaps we can have a chat in the chat rom about it a ill later?

I'm happy to write something that would represent the AS in any suitable way, but not on an ongoing basis.

The way I see it, I can just make my tunes freely available,

or

ask for either a small fee or voluntary contribution for a worthy cause. 

I'm examining my options.

If you're wanting to help out AS, I don't see why you would go anywhere other than AS to pitch what you have. Since you, yourself aren't interested in making money off it, it would do the AS just as good, if not better, to be able to use your songs freely in videos, commercials, promo-pieces, etc... than it would for there to be some sort of deal with others where money would have to exchange hands. I'm guessing this is a rather personal topic on some level considering your desire to do this. If YouTube didn't like your picture, create an account using the picture of someone you know that has been affected by Alzheimer's. Make your YouTube account specifically about that. In a sense, your own Alzheimer's Awareness page and use that to help pitch your songs to AS. If you're just interested in pitching the songs, you wouldn't need to make an actual video. Then you use that to pitch it to any Alzheimer's Society Association that would listen. Give them your songs to use. If it works and goes further and you do end up making money, then you could worry about donating any money made. First and foremost, do what you can to support your cause. The easiest way to let the AS hear your music though, would be to find one online avenue, be it YouTube, Sound Cloud, Reverbnation, whatever, as long as you can post your music there, and then use that page to let the AS hear your tunes.

Randy

Edited by Just1L