Your Ad Could Be Here

Greetings From Liam In Vancouver!

• Noob

Hey there everyone!

My name is Liam Sturgess and I am a singer/songwriter from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I have been writing and performing music for just over six years and have been learning for even longer. 

In my own originals, I tend to sample from a variety of styles including pop, folk, acoustic, rock, R and B, electronic and I occasionally rap. My lyrics are influenced by my love for the English language and are full of poetic devices and double meanings, and I write both from my imagination and about real life events. 

I play the acoustic guitar, piano, drums, trumpet and I have experimented with bass and electric guitar, and I aspire to learn the saxophone.

Just like my own music, the songs I listen to vary hugely in style and culture as well; my all-time favourite artist is Eminem, followed closely by Coldplay, Jason Mraz and Linkin Park. Other mainstream artists I listen to regularly include the All-American Rejects and Owl City.

Digging deeper into the music community, a lot of the music I listen to is created by YouTube-based musicians such as Alex Day, Tom Milsom, Chameleon Circuit, and other smaller-time musicians, some local to me.

I recently released my debut EP/Album (not sure which designation I prefer) called "Hit the Stage", which I will discuss further in the appropriate forum. I am currently working on three other musical releases, none of which I am comfortable formally announcing as of right now but all three of which are in various stages of "the works".

My goal is to learn and share as much as I can about the music industry during my stay here!

Thanks for having me :)

As a sampler, I have attached a link to my website where you can learn all you want about me.

http://www.LiamSturgess.com

• Noob

Tom,

Thanks so much!

I am having no troubles with the link - if you get the chance, can you try Googling my name and accessing it from there and see if it works? 

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

Jan

Archived