Your Ad Could Be Here

can't find it anywhere

I think because you're mistaken about the DX part of the name - can only find a V50? :)

[edit added link]

http://www.asbro.com/blogger/neatgadgets/2...amaha-v-50.html

[edit 2] They do go on sale apparently once in a while, and you should expect to pay 400-450 US$. Another site I saw said 419 as 'going price', so I guess that's correct.

http://soft.com.sg/forum/keyboard-buy-sell...syth-cheap.html

Found someone who could supply you with any missing manuals/software etc for a song:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Yamaha-V50-Sound-Librar...L080719091a2640

Edited by Roflcopter

Nope that's not the one, I'm faily certain of the DX part because shortly after I bought it they came out with the DX100. This would have been in the mid to late 80s. The DX50 looked almost like a toy it had the little mini keys and 49 of them at that (I think it might have been less) That's partly why this is so vexing I can't find it anywhere. Obviously I haven't contacted Yamaha as yet, that will be the next step, if no one else knows of it. Thanks for looking though.

JRG

Well, too bad :)

It's funny - I've seen a few pages listing and discussing them in chronological order as they were released, and no DX50 in any of them. Only DX100, with this one close by in the time-frame, hence my assumption about the V. Ach, well - good luck. :)

Well, too bad :)

It's funny - I've seen a few pages listing and discussing them in chronological order as they were released, and no DX50 in any of them. Only DX100, with this one close by in the time-frame, hence my assumption about the V. Ach, well - good luck. :)

You are of course correct, hence my delima the only thing close to a referance to it is a sound card. Which came out shortly after I had the DX50. Perhaps it was a limited production to test the card which they ware going to release as a soud card. I know I didn't dream it :). It was a small silver synth with a miniture keyboard. I probably remember it better than it was as it's unattainable.

JRG

I haven't given up yet but am getting very discouraged. Yamaha refuses to answer my queries. People think I'm crazy when I ask about it remember this thing would have been produced sometime in the mid 80s which seems like yesterday for me, but dinosaur days for others. I'm beginning to think I'll never find it there were no Windows anything, no access to what we now call the web there was INTERNET but it was text only, computers barely had graphics compared to today. Those of us with Atari's and Amiga's were on the cutting edge while the PC (refereed to as IBM PC back then) was in it's infancy. I'm no longer sure of the DX designation or even the 50 just that it was an FM synth, had a short keyboard not sure it was much more than 3 or 4 octaves. The case was silver, it had no speakers on board. Did have MIDI, no sequencer, was primarily intended to run on batteries C or D can't remember. Did have pegs for Guitar strap. Had an optional breath controller (the same one available for the DX100 so if anyone has one of those it might mention what else it's compatible with and that could be a lead). I bought mine within months of when the DX100 came out because I remember at the time I kicked myself for not waiting for that one (of course I didn't know it was coming at the time) I've seen it listed in equipment lists for a couple of studios in Russia and Germany but I don't speak any of those languages so I doubt I'll get a reply to my e-mails from them. I thin I mentioned that there is a reference to a sound card from Yamaha also called the DX50 which a friend of mine went out and bought for his PC based on the sound of my machine (whatever it was called I still think it was DX50). One last detail the buttons to change banks and select patches were the same teal green color as On he DX7, and were of the rubber chicklet let style. The kind folks over at vintage synth explorer are sure I'm hallucinating, but I swear this isn't a senior moment.

JRG

The kind folks over at vintage synth explorer are sure I'm hallucinating, but I swear this isn't a senior moment.

I was looking for something recently and found that due to the nature of the item, all search phrases returned only junk. Hopeless.

So I just brute-forced it by typing a very generic searchterm in google, switch to images and eyeball it.

Took only 8 pages to find the right picture, from there the right page, and done.

That was after 2 days of searching already. I was lucky, I guess, but typing 'Yamaha synthesizer' and leaf through even a hundred pages *can* be faster. :)

This one already exists so I'll Use this topic now that the lost has been found :). Years ago I think (I know I didn't dream it) I had a Yamaha DX50 it was a little silver FM synth it's successor was the DX100 which looked nothing like it. It was battery powered but did have a wall bug and pegs for a guitar type strap. There was a breath controller for it and it had Midi. I can't find any reference to it haven't seen it on E-bay or Vintagesynth Explorer. Google only yields (perhaps I'm putting in the wrong terms) references to a sound card which Yamaha apparently used the innards of the thing to build. I stupidly traded it off for a drum machine which I latter sold. Now I'd love to have the thing back, it was neat to take on trips and stuff, you could doodle around with it when ever ideas struck. It wasn't the greatest sounding thing but it wasn't the worst either. Anyone remember it, anyone have one, or know of a working one for sale?

Now all you guys who gave up your day jobs will have something else to keep you occupied :)

JRG

The agony continues, still haven't found it as yet. Did as was suggested (thanks for that hint) and searched images of Yamaha Keyboards on Goggle, haven't found it yet. However I did get the name of the breath controller it used BC1. I haven't been able to find one but I was hoping for an on line copy of the manual that might mention what it works with which then would give me the name of the synth I'm looking for. It had to have come out in the same time frame as the BC1 because they didn't mention the BC2 or BC3 in the manual. I know it was also sligtly before that music laptop computer that Yamaha came out with.

JRG