Your Ad Could Be Here

can't find it anywhere

There was this big art show in d.c. that i went to with these thwo guys just doing some ambient sound stuff, it sortof sounded like wind with a big beat and stuff but whatever, that isn't in the least bit important

what is important is this:

whilst inspecting the gear of one of the performers i was impressed by the vast array of effects pedals he was using to create the sounds. What i don't know is which part he was doing but i noticed something that struck me as quite odd

this performer had a small round effects type unit with boss or roland type font on it

at first glance i thought it was a g-minor but it said that it was some sort of drum thing.

so i'm looking for this small black drum machine/effects unit that might be boss or roland

does anyone know what this is?

i did the google search and while i did find some neat stuff i'm looking for a certain, specific unit.

other than being small, black, and round i really don't know how to describe it, i think it may have even been a dr. beat?

thanks again

i did the google search and while i did find some neat stuff i'm looking for a certain, specific unit.

other than being small, black, and round i really don't know how to describe it, i think it may have even been a dr. beat?

thanks again

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a look at this!Dr Beat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow, i'm sitting here in my local library reviewing some of my mail, and i see an e-mail from the performing group that i saw the unit with.

This a very freakish happening and pretty soon i should know what it was, if anyone even cares

wow, i'm sitting here in my local library reviewing some of my mail, and i see an e-mail from the performing group that i saw the unit with.

This a very freakish happening and pretty soon i should know what it was, if anyone even cares

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, I'm very curious about it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you kidding? We've all given up our day jobs to hunt this thing down! ^_^

Happy days are here again...

First of all, I have to apologize, apparently it's not only neither roland nor boss, it's not even round (mixed up memory i guess)

The name of the unit is the electro-harmonix super space drum

electroharmonix_superspacedrum.jpg

i guess the round "space drum" part is what confused me

in a strange, related story, microsonic is scheduled to perform w/ cash slave clique (owner's of this most ephemeral of all electronics) on July the 8th,

'tis a small world

thanks to all who invested time in my quandry

tim

p.s.

Are you kidding? We've all given up our day jobs to hunt this thing down!

you guys have day jobs?! :D

Edited by mooneyes

• 2 years later...
  • Noob

Hi, I have a Electro Harmonix Super Space Drum and looking to sell I am tight on Cash and need the money. I am taking offers but I will sell to store if I do not get any offers. This unit works perfectly and you can get alot of funky sounds out of it. I don't really want to sell it but I am having a financial situation.

The unit works great it has regular aging wear but can be cleaned up like any other vintage sound pedal.

This unit has a pad on it for striking and it has 5 knobs plus some switches and stuff on the top. It plugs into the wall and has inputs and outputs on it. I might put it on Ebay If I don't get any bites soon.

I live near the boston, Brockton area if anybody wants to know.

Thanx

• 4 months later...

This one already exists so I'll Use this topic now that the lost has been found :). Years ago I think (I know I didn't dream it) I had a Yamaha DX50 it was a little silver FM synth it's successor was the DX100 which looked nothing like it. It was battery powered but did have a wall bug and pegs for a guitar type strap. There was a breath controller for it and it had Midi. I can't find any reference to it haven't seen it on E-bay or Vintagesynth Explorer. Google only yields (perhaps I'm putting in the wrong terms) references to a sound card which Yamaha apparently used the innards of the thing to build. I stupidly traded it off for a drum machine which I latter sold. Now I'd love to have the thing back, it was neat to take on trips and stuff, you could doodle around with it when ever ideas struck. It wasn't the greatest sounding thing but it wasn't the worst either. Anyone remember it, anyone have one, or know of a working one for sale?

Now all you guys who gave up your day jobs will have something else to keep you occupied :)

JRG