Your Ad Could Be Here

Songs Done... What's Next?

• Noob

Hey everyone, first of all, as you can probably see, I'm new here. Also, I'm working on my first album.

I have finished making all of the music for my album (13 songs). I'm trying to find a recording studio to touch up my vocals and to master my tracks. I am having difficulty finding a studio (one I did find won't answer my e-mails and prefers that method of contact).
Anyway, once I finally get that taken care of... what are my next steps? Can anyone help me with the process? Any help would be appreciated, thank you. (Anything after recording and mastering... so, info on promoting, what to look for in a designer (for the booklet), distribution, copyright, trademarking, etc. etc.))

Thank you!

Jeremy of Thre3 Fold

I'm still working on learning to produce better but when I'm finished with that I'll be needing help with this as well...

Truth be told you should have already started on it, never mind waiting until your music is done. There is a ton of work to be done to prepare for a release unless you want to release your album only to sell, or even give away, only 100 or so copies. Believe me it is a well trodden path.

I need to sleep but I will try and remember to come back and give you some pointers tomorrow. Symph will no doubt remind me!

Other than that, I wrote an editorial for our community newsletter that I would consider as the first thing to do. If you missed it I will be posting a copy of the newsletter to the forums tomorrow.

• Like 1

Truth be told you should have already started on it, never mind waiting until your music is done. There is a ton of work to be done to prepare for a release unless you want to release your album only to sell, or even give away, only 100 or so copies. Believe me it is a well trodden path.

I need to sleep but I will try and remember to come back and give you some pointers tomorrow. Symph will no doubt remind me!

Other than that, I wrote an editorial for our community newsletter that I would consider as the first thing to do. If you missed it I will be posting a copy of the newsletter to the forums tomorrow.

I will be waiting... and the moment you wake up...  POW.

• 2 weeks later...

start putting yourself out there like this https://soundcloud.com/different-robot

Though perhaps with slightly less shameless promotion lol

PS Different Robot, add your SoundCloud link to your forums signature, that way it will appear on all your posts and you can focus on just talking to other members and get your link out there at the same time, more naturally.

Really interested in what you have to say on this, John.

I've not really needed to consider the marketing/ sales end of things ever previously, as I have been writing and recording for a very small audience (under 20 people), but I have finished and album that I would love others to hear.  

It's on Bandcamp and Soundcloud, and it's a free download, but sales (giveaways!) have stalled after a promising start and I would like to re-ignite the interest.

I'm not a natural self promoter, so very interested in your opinions.

PS If it involves wearing a sandwich board I will have to accept that it's not for me!!!

Really interested in what you have to say on this, John.

I've not really needed to consider the marketing/ sales end of things ever previously, as I have been writing and recording for a very small audience (under 20 people), but I have finished and album that I would love others to hear.  

It's on Bandcamp and Soundcloud, and it's a free download, but sales (giveaways!) have stalled after a promising start and I would like to re-ignite the interest.

I'm not a natural self promoter, so very interested in your opinions.

PS If it involves wearing a sandwich board I will have to accept that it's not for me!!!

I will check it out, no problem and see what I can do or suggest. :)