Your Ad Could Be Here

Audio Editing Questions

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone can even help me but I will try. I have been using Music Creator (cakewalk), I tried to download some plug ins. They download as a compressed file. So you are supposed to click on it and select extract all. Then you are supposed to copy and paste the extracted files into a plug in folder. When I try to search for the plug in file through Music Creator it doesn't recognize the plugin at all. It won't even show up so I can try to import it manually. Does anyone know why this would happen?

On another note, does anyone use pro tools? I was trying to download a trial version but it requires an ilok code and I have no idea what that is about.

<<Noob here. If you can't help no biggy. Thank you to anyone that has any clue what I'm talking about! :D

Hey Chloe, this is a software related Q, so I'd post this over somewhere in http://forums.songstuff.com/forum/132-recording-industry-technology/

You want me to move it over there?

:)

I got it! yaaaay! Took me a couple days but finally. Thank you. Apparently you are good luck. I did it over and over but finally it found it. Yes Moderator sir that would be great.

Hi Chloe, if it doesn't yeild good replies here, let me know and I'll find another place for it. I left a link back at the old place for folks to follow anyway :)

Hi Chloe

iLok is a form of software protection that basically loads the licenses for the demo or bought software onto a USB style stick - this allows you to take your plugin authorizations along with you where ever you go. The stick usually costs $40 but is sometimes included at a reduced price when you buy software i.e. Slate Digital Plugins

Re: plugins - sometimes when you install a plugin you have to physically move the .dll file from the plugin's into your VST folder which could be located in your Cakewalk folder or on your C drive under program files / VST or even in a Steinberg folder on occasion....other times you have to tell the plugin setup where your VST folder is but most of the time the install will automatically pick up where your VST plugins are and put them there. Either way it's a good idea to figure out where your VST folder is and keep that location handy (in your head)

[sales pitch on]

I might suggest if you're looking to try ProTools you give Reaper a go...the fully functioning demo has no time limit so it's basically free. It's as good as any other software out there including Pro Tools and at $60 for a full license is dirt cheap.

[/sales pitch off]

• Like 1

Thank you. iLok makes more sense. and great sales pitch! You almost sold me ;) Thanks