Your Ad Could Be Here

Step Into My Life

influence

• Noob

Hi (I'm trying to promote someone else's music and so my post below has been heavily edited by a site Moderator to remove all content not allowed)

Please ****************.

************** and please feel free to comment and nice to meet you all.

No it is not the important thing I am afraid. This is a community, not a hit and run post & promote whatever you want website.

If this was your song, it would be a different matter, if you were the artist you are trying to promote, then you would contact the staff to ask 'if' you can promote your song here.

This is not the case and since we do not allow 'long-standing' community members to do this, why should we change the rules for you?

As I've already said via my PM to you, you're welcome to become a part of the community, but I don't think that is viable for you, unless you are musician or songwriter in your own right. I have a hunch that you're not.

I've also stated that the person you are trying to promote is also welcome to join to then promote themselves. Besides copyright and other legality issues you bring to this community, any feedback via a 3rd party is of no use and members will not respond to you as a 3rd party.

• Like 1

• Noob

HI Again

I have sent you a message. Yes that's correct it is a community forum and I'm sure people would like to be informed of new and up and coming artist?  I am not "a hit and run post & promote whatever you want website" I also have a radio website and I understand and except what you are trying to do.  I want to post as ME and still keep up to date on new song righters and of course to keep people updated on things I think relevant about music because after all this is a music forum.

I registered to keep up to date and to interact with other people in the music industry and after all that's what this forum is about and if that's not what your forum is about then ill be happy to go to a forum where you can. 

Thanks again for your reply

Ok, save me writing twice (here & a PM).

This is the basicality of Songstuff Community:

We have Songwriters, Lyricists, Musicians, Composers, Producers, Mixing Engineers etc. They come here to seek critique from their peers as well as showcase their work. They also do look for 'relevant' music industry news, advice on legal issues, play the odd musically related game, have a chat/discussion on any number of musically related topics. They also seek to improve themselves and their craft, whether that falls under understanding their area of focus deeper, or developing a new part to that (for example how to use a DAW & all its functionality to get a more polished demo).

We also, to help them, allow them to utilise Songstuff's long standing and high regard within the online music business and its various portals for promotion.

We also offer them the ability to have a blog through Songstuff (which should speak for itself).

You will notice also, that many members have signature links, that relate to Soundcloud or Reverbnation or Youtube or Twitter, that relate directly to "their" music.

We also feel a responsibility to 'protect' our members from unsolicited attempts to get them to be interested in something they neither are, nor have the time for. Anything that they cannot find through Songstuff, they are perfectly capable to look for on their own, at their own risk.

It is our intention to provide a relaxing, fun, educational and interesting enviroment for like minded people across the globe! Call it a 'safe-haven' from all the outside noise of the normal world, which includes being hampered about something they don't want or need.

You may note from the above, the absolute absence of spammers, off site run competitions, promotion of other peoples work (copyright and permission legalities), people/companies with ulterior motives etc and .... radio stations.

If someone has say a radio station that they would like to promote, aside from becoming an active member of our community on all but radio station related topics, then they should submit said details to the Songstuff staff for review. If allowed, this would go into say the advertisements area. If not allowed, that would be the end of the discussion.

I hope I have been clear enough, as this is taking up too much time that I should be spending on members who understand what Songstuff is about, because they took a look at what is and what isn't here. I applaud you for possibly thinking that the total absence of any radio station outlets meant that there was a door of opportunity to promote yours. Sadly though, the total absence is because we do not allow it.

Thank you :)